Brachioplasty (Arm reduction) anyone??

PatMBo
on 7/17/09 8:08 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Hi, I am a lapband patient...2 & a half years out, have lost 107 pounds & had a consult today for brachoplasty with Dr. Lee Corbett of Louisville.  I am interested in hearing from ANY of you who have had this surgery ....especially if you live in the L'ville area. (but really ANY of you!)  What has been your experience...would you do it again?? How was your recovery period...what was the worst/best part.  Thanks to any & all of you for suggestions regarding this sugery.  I inherited my grandmother's "batwings" and saggy, wrinkly skin on the upper arms. I would want to have this surgery done even if I hadn't had the weight loss issue. 
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have to pass along......

jan R.
on 7/17/09 11:58 am - PA
hello fellow lapbander!!  I had my brachoplasty in April of 2007....I am soo glad I had it...other than the scars which are faded to almost white now I have no complaints!  I would take the scars anyday over the bat wings!!  I am not afraid to wear tank tops or anything...the only time you see the scars is if I raise my arms......
I have just finished my last round of plastics (4 total) and I am sooo happy with my new body!!  My plastic surgeon is a god send!!  I am so thankful he was brought into my life!!  I actually went to Mexico and used Dr. Cardenas because I could not afford plastics in the US....I did my entire body for less that what my LBL would have cost here.......I don't think that is the answer for everyone but for me it was great especially because I had a grea PCP and general surgeon here who continued my care during the healing process!!  Without them I would not be where I am at today!!
Good luck in your journey....it is a journey well worth taking!!
Jan
PatMBo
on 7/17/09 12:03 pm - Elizabethtown, KY

Thanks, so much for your post, Jan!! I appreciate knowing that you think it was time (and $$) worth spent!! Good luck with your life in the future...and thanks for sharing w/ a fellow struggler! God Bless you!!

Cruisinpat
on 7/17/09 12:49 pm
I had my arms done just 2 weeks ago and I am so glad that I had them done. They look wonderful even with the scars and scabs still there. They are still tender but that is to be expected. I would do it again in a minute. No complications so far and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also had a TT revision at the same time as I really wanted more of the skin removed. I am thrilled with that also. This was my second PS, the first being an anchor TT and BL. Best $$ I've ever spent! Good luck to you.
Pat

MARLENA S.
on 7/17/09 1:03 pm - middletown, CT
RNY on 09/04/07 with

Hi, I also had my arms done...exactly 7 days ago! pain was VERY low for me...most annoying part is having them wrapped in ace bandages....i cant wait to see the end result!!

if you like you can send me your email address...i can send you pics in a few weeks!

good luck :) 

marlena

http://www.myspace.com/marrose76
Rny 9-4-07 -158lbs
July 10th, 2009 Brachioplasty (Arms) & Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)

PamT
on 7/17/09 1:12 pm - Downey, CA
Congratulations on your weight loss. I am a Rny patient, 2 years out and have lost 150 pounds. I had my arm lift brach on May 22nd, along with a face lift. No problems with either surgery. The biggest and most persistent pain I had was a sore throat from the breathing tube during surgery. My arms look so much better and are healing nicely. I don't think my scars are going to look too bad. Recovery went great. I could use my arms immediately upon returning home. Sore? Yes, but not nearly as bad as I feared.

PamT
Jupiter6
on 7/17/09 3:09 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

I guess you could say I've had a successful brachioplasty!

Pre- RNY:

Post weight loss:

1 week post brachioplasty:

My arms are sore, but it's nothing in comparison to my other plastics. Make sure your surgeon has worked extensively with formerly obese clientele and specifically can show you photos of people who've had the results you're seeking.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

PatMBo
on 7/17/09 9:39 pm - Elizabethtown, KY
Wow! Thanks to ALL of you for sharing your success stories.  Hearing that the pain was minimal & you are pleased with the results was VERY encouraging!! I really appreciate your posts!!

dec721
on 7/17/09 10:54 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Just had brachio on July 10.  The pain / immobility I was expecting was almost non-existent.  My arms are sore to the touch, just like any wound would be, but other than mild throbbing, there was never any other pain.  And I've had no problems with lack of mobility.  In fact, I've probably used my arms too much ... since I can!  The only problem has been that since I got my drains out two or three days ago, I'm bleeding like a stuck pig out of the drain holes in my elbows!  The surgeon assures me it will eventually stop; the nurse says of all that fluid, "better out than in!"  I guess it is what would have collected in the drains had he left them in longer, but I'm soooo glad he went ahead and took them out.  I hate drains!  I just change the gauze pads several times a day, as well as the maxi pads I have on top of the gauze! 

So would I do it again?  In a heartbeat!  My arms are going to be so much more functional!  Best wishes :-)            --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

sboyd1
on 7/18/09 12:43 am - Pearland, TX
Let  me just congratulate you in advance.... I am in LOVE with the results from my brachioplasty. (I had it December 2008)I have no regrets whatsoever! My pain was minimal and was better than what I expected... it was worth every penny!! Wishing you all the best..... sb
Most Active