List of possible docs?

amai
on 7/18/09 12:52 am - Japan
 Hi there - Ill be traveling from Japan for my plastics, so I am planning on choosing the best doctor I can find any where in the USA. Any suggestions? 

Thanks a million!

Amai

HW/ 255 *  SW/ 255 *  CW/ 185 *  GW/135

dec721
on 7/18/09 1:45 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I'm sure everyone thinks their surgeon is the best!  I sure do, so I heartily recommend Dr. Joseph M. Woods, IV in Atlanta, GA.  He works out of Piedmont Hospital.  He did a breast reduction and tummy tuck on me in 2003 and came highly recommended at the time.  I liked him so much that I went back to him last week for a brachioplasty and lower blepharoplasty.  The results are great!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 3:26 am
Amai, Japan also has wonderful surgeons.  Why are you traveling to the US for plastics?

amai
on 7/18/09 6:19 am - Japan
 Where did you hear that? There are a handful that  have experience with facial cosmetics, but for body shaping, liposuction and so on, there are very few doctors who perform this surgery, and none who have expertise with WLS patients.! Most But if you know of any I missed, let me know!

Thanks
Amai

HW/ 255 *  SW/ 255 *  CW/ 185 *  GW/135

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 8:21 am
Sorry, I'm Californian born and bred.  I'm just surprised that in the entire country of Japan, there are no qualified surgeons who perform this kind of surgery!

Truly, best of luck to you.

DrL
on 7/19/09 7:41 am - Houston, TX
The reason is that the U.S. pretty much has the market cornered on obesity, and weight loss surgery is therefore much more common here in the states. 

Consequently, most of the best known names and respected authorities in post-WLS plastics are U.S. doctors. The first WLS plastics book was written here, and all the major teaching seminars, fellowshiips, and medical meetings are likewise here in the states.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
wendybear1
on 7/19/09 3:58 pm - Brooklyn, NY
There are a ton of doctors in Los Angeles, California. I have a few I could recommend to you, after consults. I love the man who just did my thigh lift, and will be doing a tummy tuck revision, outer thigh lift, breasts, and arms in two weeks.

If you'd like, you can PM me for information. I contacted over 30 doctors, talked on the phone to over 20, and had around 12 consults. I wanted the most bang for my buck, with a doc I felt comfortable with.

k29acosta
on 7/20/09 2:13 am - roseburg, OR

While you are checking out these doctors ....could you let me know if you come across any that are willing to work with Medicare (without prepayment)
Thanks,

Kathie L.
on 7/20/09 2:45 am - Castaic, CA
Hello Amai,

I LOVE my plastic surgeon: Dr. Timothy Katzen of Beverly Hills, California (Body by Katzen).

I was an exchange student in Japan in 1970 (Sumoto on Awaji Island). What a beautiful place!

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Most Active