6 week update

oceanwave2
on 7/17/09 11:54 am - Clayton, NC
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to quickly update everyone on how i am doing.

I had my one month appointment on  July 13th.  Unfortunately I feel like I wasted my surgeon's and my time.  My drain is still in.  This drain has now been in for almost four weeks.  Another problem that has popped up is my skin.  For those of you that don't know I have roseaca (sp?)  it is a skin condition that  focuses on your face.  It basiclly looks like you are blushing constantly.  Well the medication I am on makes my skin very sensitive.  Well apparently I have huge red rash areas along my bra line and incision line.

The rashes really concern me.  My surgeon has said I can go back to work on the 29th.  but the people I work with get a little worried about these issues.  My surgeon did not really know  what to do about the rash/dry skin.  He did suggest going back to using my original body wash instead of the antibacterial that I have been using.  An to use Eucerin lotion.  He did say that it could be an allergic reaction to the antibacterial soap.  So  I have switched back to my Nivea mosturizing body wash, benadryl twice a day, and the eucerin lotion.  It is looking better.  But it feels like my skin has sunburn on it.  It is very painful to where a bra or my binder.   I have given myself till Wednesday of next week and if it is not better I am going to schedule an appointment with  my dermatologist.  If anyone has had this problem with their skin or if they have any suggestion I am all ears.

On a good note I did visit my work place and everyone says I look great.  I have a wrestling event I will hopefully be attending on Monday.  And my drain finally hit 19CCs in a 24 hrs.  When I saw my surgeon it was at 30CCs in a 24 hrs.

Thanks for listening.

Jasmine
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/17/09 12:00 pm - Springfield, MA
Glad to hear from you Jasmine; I know about problem skin because I have Psoriasis which is a chronic skin illness.  I stopped trying on lotions I use baby oil instead and Oil of Olay soap to shower.  I know this skin conditions are not easy to deal with specially when people don't understand they ARE NOT CONTAGIOUS but anyways......I am glad you are doing better.  Good Luck  to you.  Hugzzz
Most Active