tt incision oozing!

ericas623
on 7/16/09 1:46 pm - Roseville, MI
I am going to cal the doc in the am.  It has started to ooze.  Where the drains are is normal, that I know.  Now the incision area is oozing.  I put a maxi pad on it because all 3 drain sites and now the incision.  I am hoping though that it does not stick to it.  I would like these to dry out and heal up.  Since he pulled the drains, I have meen majorly swelling.  I know that stuff has to go somewhere and will find any hole to come out.  Well its coming out everywhere.  Not really bad though.  Just concerned with the incision.

Thanks for listening to me whine!!

Erica
vickie O.
on 7/16/09 1:52 pm - amarillo, TX
erica, good luck to you. i'm glad u are going to call doc in am. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Diane B.
on 7/17/09 12:08 am - Seymour, CT
Whine away, Erica, we are here for you.  After you call the Dr. let us know what he says.  I am having my 3 remaining drains and all my sutures out tomorrow.  Gentle hugs.

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/17/09 12:34 am - Springfield, MA
Is not whining at all! I think it must be the body trying to heal and I am sure it will do it any way it can but for your peace of mind give your doc a call.  Good Luck and please keep us posted.

Hugzzz
johns-wife
on 7/17/09 6:57 pm

I have heard people say before that drains should be left in until they drain less than 15 cc's daily, which is what the body can easily absorb. Are your drains tubes clogged up? they get chunks in them sometimes and that might force the fluid out elsewhere. You definitely dont want the stuff inside of you though. Let us know what your doc says. All this information is great for me while I'm saving up for plastics.

ericas623
on 7/19/09 8:31 am - Roseville, MI
My doc said he would remove them if they were putting out 25cc or less each day.  They were.  So he did remove them.  2 days later, I was swollen like I had a watermelon in my stomach.  I had so much fluid in their. Well it needed to come out.  Doc said it would find any where to come out.  It did!!  My incision line.  Its gross!!  It has been 3 days now.  It has let up quite a bit.  Still oozes though.  He said this can be normal for some people.  I guess I am one of the lucky ones.  He wants me to try to keep the area dry.  I am trying real hard, but it's really hard to do. 

So my advice to you when you get yours is too listen to what the doc says, and to take it easy.  You will feel like you can do so much stuff.  Don't do it!!  Just take it easy and relax and enjoy the ride.

Erica
scrappywings
on 7/18/09 5:47 pm - Riverside, CA
Hi Erica,
I believe that we had our tt on the same day 7/8?  I also had a hernia repair and I still have all four drains in.  I have an appointment on Monday for a check up and to see if I can get the drains out.  My doc. said so long as they are not putting out more than 25cc in a 24 hour period.  I only have one that is more than that.  As much as I am dying to have my drains out, I am a little scared I will have problems if they are taken out too soon.

I'll let you know what happens on Monday.

Mary
ericas623
on 7/19/09 8:25 am - Roseville, MI
Mary,

My tt was on June 29.  The drains came out 15 days later.  One was putting out 5cc and the other was 25cc.  I do want to warn you though.  They hurt really bad for me.  Some people they do not hurt comig out, but mine did.  I was warned of this too.  Someone told me to take pain meds before I went.  Hopefully, you will be one of the lucky ones where it does not hurt.  If your doc says its to early to take one out-don't be mad.  I know it's uncomfortable having it in.  You just don't want any complications.  My incision line is now oozing and it has been 3 days of this oozing.  It's getting better, but I think I would have rather had that one drain in, instead of dealing wth this.

Good luck to you, and let me know how things go,

Erica
Most Active