Plastics reformed question

Joanna O.
on 7/17/09 6:24 am - Manchester, NH
Ok so has anyone had a pannilectomy yet?  Where the muscle isn't getting tightened possibly does exercise still tighten that up or are you still floppin in the breeze?
~*Joanna*~        
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/09 8:10 am, edited 7/17/09 10:39 am
I haven't had any post op plastics yet, but if you have been overweight a long time or have had children you'll most likely need the tightening of the muscles.  You can look for #1Mack Mama's posts-she had a panniculectomy originally and then got a tummy tuck-it made a huge difference.
Joanna O.
on 7/17/09 8:26 am - Manchester, NH
Well I haven't had any kids because I have endometriosis and I have been at 190 for about 2 years.  I just wish I would have been using my good brain instead of my omg I have to hold my fat in front of a camera brain yesterday.
~*Joanna*~        
Cruisinpat
on 7/17/09 12:57 pm
I had a TT and go to the gym 5 days a week. The PS didn't take enough skin off so I just had a revision as all of the exercise wasn't making it go away. I don't know if it works the same with a pannilectomy, I just know that I needed to get rid of the extra skin. Now I feel like my exercise will keep things looking good. Good luck to you!
Pat

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/18/09 12:17 am
Hi there!!!!  I can tell you MY experience with it.............

I lost 200lbs, had been 100lbs overweight for at least 15 years of my life, so the skin and muscles were stretched a lot for a while......

The panniculectomy didn't give me the shape I wanted and there's NO amount of exercise that will get that back.  PLUS - surgeons view the panniculectomy differently - some will remove skin above the belly button, some don't - some will take the time to shape you, some don't.  I have seen very varied results and 'talked' to several people that were unhappy with the panniculetomy - it's very rare that I have seen someone have one that didn't do a full Tummy Tuck later.  

If you would like - you can view my album on picturetrail - it shows the step by step progression from before anything to the pannicultomy to now.

go to: www.picturetrail.com  to the right by the word 'Go', enter: makemeover2009  then go to the Pre op album - the password is Buford2009

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message, I am more than willing to share my info and my experience. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Most Active