Update- 3 weeks post arms,breasts, TT,mons, thigh work

Jupiter6
on 7/17/09 5:16 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
See signature for details--

the oozing from my left hip (which is huge, shiny and now stretch-marked from the fluid) has been going on for 3 weeks straight-- all just serous fluid-- then yesterday it turned bloody and is now a dime sized hole. It better stop right there! I let it drain-- re-cover in fresh gauze when it soaks through.

My fluid retention's unreal. I weigh what I did before they cut off 10 pounds-- three weeks later!

Over the pubis I have a little 2 inch line of pus-topped mess I'm also trying to clean/drain. My drain holes did this too-- I used antibtiotic gel pads to baste 'em in their own juices and they healed nicely.

Neither of these are much more than an inconvenience. Nothing is, compared to the *****in' hernia site in my muscle layer--- feel like I was shanked in prison. It's what's holding me back.

Nipples, breasts, arms and central (chest to pubis) incision  are still covered in the same h20 proof tape they have been since the beginning.

All in all, I'd say nothing really hurts badly but the hernia. Arms ouch a lot because they're bruised-- breasts are completely painless, underbelly incision is pulled taut from swelling and pulls quite a bit, and is gettin' a lil' crusty.

Goal is to heal this little hole and get rid of the deep muscle hernia pain. Lots of trauma in my abdomen-- this is my 4th gut surgery in 2 years-- it needs a rest.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Ansampson
on 7/17/09 6:23 am
You're such a trooper. Continue to hang in there and you will be back on your feet in no time. The water retention and swelling will go away soon. Positive vibes are being sent your way as you recover.
Clirishu
on 7/17/09 12:28 pm - LA
 My friend used panty liners instead of gauze.  She said they absorbed better and lasted longer.  Just thought I would pass that tip along.  
trudie74
on 7/17/09 11:45 pm - Round Rock, TX
Since you are so in tune with the types of food you put in your body, you probably already have considered this...but maybe your sodium intake being reduced might help?  I in no way know for sure, but have heard others say it helped them...just a thought.  Sorry about the new stretch marks, but glad things are coming along!

Most Active