Pre-Op appt for brachioplasty

dalybenitez27
on 7/16/09 10:11 pm - Orlando, FL
I did a lot of research and there are a lot of really good surgeons in the central florida area, however, since I need quite a few procedures done, and like many of us it's all out of pocket, price was a huge factor.  I am having it done at the Residents program at USF in Tampa.  The surgery is performed by a senior resident while supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon by the name of David Smith.  The surgeon's fee is 50%, the operating room and the anesthesiologist's fees are all full price.  With that said, my TOTAL cost is only $3,600 which is a huge savings off of the other quotes I had received from other surgeons.  So far my experience with the staff has been excellent.  If it all goes well I plan on returning and having a thigh lift and tummy tuck with them as well.  I'll post as soon as I am out of surgery and let everyone know how it goes.
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/09 11:45 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I've had a brachio back in March and am going for a revision at the end of July.

I recently came to Florida......I'm doing research now on surgeon's......would you mind sharing with me where you found info on the residents program.  I'm paying out of pocket too.  My brachio cost me over $5,000 and the revision will be close to $2,000...if I can save on the lower work that would be nice.

Only question I have is how much experience do these residents really have?  I'm doing this as a once in a lifetime kind of thing and want the best results.
Any info you can share will be appreciated.

FYI - I bought a house about 90 mins west of Orlando.
Nice to meet another person from FL...
TTFN
Ruth
dalybenitez27
on 7/17/09 12:53 am - Orlando, FL
Hey!  Welcome to Florida!  Here is the link to the website, and to another one that has some info on it as well.

http://hscweb3.hsc.usf.edu/health/now/?p=186

http://www.plasmetic.com/news/insurance/university-of-south- floridas-half-price-plastic-surgery-offer.html

The surgery is performed by a senior resident which means that they are about to graduate and start practicing on their own.  You have to make an appointment and go in for a consult (which is free) and they quote you the price there.  When I went, I felt very comfortable with the dr and felt confident that they would do a good job.  I think this is a personal decision that everyone has to make based on their level of comfort.  Why are you needing a revision done?  I have read where that seems to be common, but I really hope once will be enough for me.
dalybenitez27
on 7/17/09 1:01 am - Orlando, FL
Hey Ruth,

Check out this post as well.  You'll read about others who have also gone to residents programs and see what they think.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3977645/Pla stics-done-by-residents/#32166701
trishy
on 7/18/09 8:39 am
On July 17, 2009 at 5:11 AM Pacific Time, dalybenitez27 wrote:
I did a lot of research and there are a lot of really good surgeons in the central florida area, however, since I need quite a few procedures done, and like many of us it's all out of pocket, price was a huge factor.  I am having it done at the Residents program at USF in Tampa.  The surgery is performed by a senior resident while supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon by the name of David Smith.  The surgeon's fee is 50%, the operating room and the anesthesiologist's fees are all full price.  With that said, my TOTAL cost is only $3,600 which is a huge savings off of the other quotes I had received from other surgeons.  So far my experience with the staff has been excellent.  If it all goes well I plan on returning and having a thigh lift and tummy tuck with them as well.  I'll post as soon as I am out of surgery and let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks for the info.  That is very interesting to learn of.  The cost difference is a tremendous savings.  Good luck and I'll be looking forward to hearing about your recovery.  ;-)

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

dalybenitez27
on 7/18/09 11:13 am - Orlando, FL
Thank you.  Yes I'll post updates!  :)
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/09 11:45 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I've got info on a lot of surgeons on the West coast of FL......if you are interested send me a PM...
Most Active