Gotta ? again

ericas623
on 7/15/09 7:26 am - Roseville, MI
Ok, as you know I had my last 2 drains out yesterday.  It did feel great.  However, the one that was putting out 25cc's is a mess.  Every hour or so, it spurts out some gunk.  I hope this is normal.  My question, if it is normal, should I have it covered, or leave it uncovered so it tries to scab up?

Thanks,

Erica
Nicole P.
on 7/15/09 9:37 am - NH
I would cover it lightly just so that you can catch the gunk.  You want whatever is in there to come out so you do not want to cover it too tightly.

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

Wendy_Canada
on 7/15/09 11:17 am - Canada
Every doctor is so different so i would ask your surgeon what he wants you to do.

I had an anchor tummy tuck and breast lift the same day you did but my doctor doesn't do drains at all because of the way he does his surgery.  He says the body reabsorbs the fluid and you pass it through.  I had my 2nd check up yesterday and he said everything was great and i had no fluid build up.

Please go by what your doctor recommends.

Wendy

Melissa M.
on 7/15/09 11:38 am - Seabrook, TX
You need to cover it with a pad or something so you don't get your clothes all wet.  It will eventually stop and then scab over.

Good luck,
Melissa
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/15/09 11:39 am - Springfield, MA
Hi Erica; I would cover it up during the day; you don't want an infection at this point.  I would probably leave it uncovered at nite time when you go to bed.  Good Luck:o)
ericas623
on 7/15/09 11:42 am - Roseville, MI
Thank you all for responding!!  I think that is what I am going to do.  Keep it covered during the day and let it air at night.  My doc did say to expect some to come out.  If it gets really bad I will definately put a call in to him.  He has me on an antibiotic as well, just in case. 

Erica
Most Active