Does Your Belly Feel Different After TT???

gonemadx3
on 7/16/09 2:57 am - East Peoria, IL
I am curious to know from those of you who have had a tummy tuck with abdominal tightening if after you healed up did you’re torso still feel the same? What I am asking is kinda hard for me to describe. Do you actually feel the difference in the muscle of the stomach afterwards? Is there any pulling or pinching of either the muscles or skin after the healing process is over? I guess I imagine it to be like “breaking in" your new tightened belly muscles and skin.. sorry, I just can’t seem to put it in words today. Hope you all get what I am saying…. lol  

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/16/09 4:01 am
LOL!  funny that you ask - I had my TT at the end of May and I feel a BIG difference!!!  It's like my stomach is sucked in..... ALL the time!!!  LOL  not uncomfortable, just different.  it's funny cause at first i thought I couldn't breathe deeply.... I had to adjust.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

tonjasm
on 7/16/09 4:24 am - Edmond, OK
 It is different, but it's a good different.  It feels like your stomach is always pulled in, but you don't have to work so hard for it to be that way.  I don't know about the "after the healing" question as it takes a long time to heal, but you do go through different little weird phases.  Like skin sensitivity, itchy/burn type feelings.  And you can over do and probably herniate something really easy if you're not careful.  But oh my go**** is so worth it!  

I'd say for me the hardest thing has been waring this bindering in this sweltering heat because I am wearing a really thin cami under it just to help my skin or else I'd really be sore.  But, I've only got 5 more days of wearing it according to my surgeons rules.  Then I'll wear it as I feel I need it.  I have been 100% faithful in wearing it - sweltering heat and all!

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

dec721
on 7/16/09 4:45 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Yep, tight as a tick!  I had my TT in 2003, five years before WLS.  I had lost 72 pounds, down from 292 to 220, thought I was *healed* of my obesity, had a big ol' kangaroo pouch, got it chopped off.  Started eating all those yummy casseroles the church ladies brought me and proceeded to gain 50 pounds back.  Now TIGHTER than a tick!  But now that I have had WLS and am 60 pounds less than I was when I had the TT, my stomach feels completely normal ... and wonderful!  In fact, the same surgeon who did my TT just did a brachioplasty on me last week, and he said when I was laid out on the operating table, everyone said, "Wow, Dr. Woods, that tummy tuck looks great!"

In other words, don't gain any weight back, and you will get used to the nice taut feeling :-)

--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

MelissaF
on 7/16/09 5:51 am - Northwood, IA
It is TERRIFIC!  There is some numb places still which makes for a strange sensation etc.

But like everyone else said, you are all sucked in and don't have to TRY to do this anymore.. and to not have all that bouncing around.. wow it is so nice.  i still find myself trying to lift my pannus up so I can clean under it.... NOT THERE!

WOOHOOOO - You will adore it if you do this.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

gonemadx3
on 7/16/09 6:00 am - East Peoria, IL
heehee! I remember when I was a little girl my dad told me if I sucked in my stomach all the time it would stay skinny. I have never "not" sucked it in. Its awful! My surgery date is July 29th and I can not wait for this to be over with! I am sooooo looking foward to my new tummy. I already wear clothing I never dreamed I would ever wear, feel confident and love it! I can't imagine how I will feel once this is over and done and healed.
I just wondered how foreign your belly feels afterwards. I know when I had my open incision (which was left open for 3 weeks) when it healed it felt like I was touching someone elses belly. A little numb in places and sensitive- almost like a sunburn feel. I just can't invision it being not only flat, but taut. NO saggy skin. I don't ever remember a time in my life when I didn't at least have saggy skin there. Oh yess, and there will be no more lifting of the panni to clean! Congrats to you all! I will be joining you soon!

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

Jane E.
on 7/16/09 10:52 am - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
Sounds like you've heard it all and its very similar for me.  I had TT in April.  I feel like I have a wide belt on all the time.  Also have places that don't feel like my skin when I touch it.   But it looks great and I don't have any discomfort really.

Jane

cleos_mom
on 7/17/09 3:35 am - phila., PA
I feel like I have a binder or girdle on most of the time, you just get used to it and I love the feeling cause then I know the muscle is tight
Most Active