Thigh Lift Questions

Urawkmiflipflops
on 7/15/09 3:55 pm - HUntington beach, CA
Has anyone who has had a thigh lift gotten the insurance to approve it?  I am so sick of the skin and rashes that I think I am going to attempt to try and get the insurance to cover it... whats the worst that can happen?  REJECTION and then I pay anyways. Just curious what anyone was up against trying to get it approved and also has anyone regreted doing medial and wished they did interior instead?

Thanks
Kaydee

wendybear1
on 7/15/09 8:56 pm - Brooklyn, NY
I just paid for mine. Was told by drs that kaiser doesn't cover it, so I paid. I think I'm gonna be very happy with it when the swelling goes down.

trishy
on 7/15/09 10:20 pm
I am not sure because I haven't yet but I'll be interested to see the responses.  btw.. do you know if insurance will pay for brachiplasty???

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Urawkmiflipflops
on 7/16/09 10:08 am - HUntington beach, CA
I paid for my arms.  Havent heard them get approved yet.  But I guess anything is possible if they could determine that it is not cosmetic it is medically necessary.
happy girl
on 7/16/09 9:53 am
hi, my insurance covered both my stomach and thighs.  I am not sure what the interior thigh lift is, but mine was referred to as  medial and the incision was only in the groin.  I don't regret it, but it's a tough, tough surgery, and the recovery is a *****

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

huskerfan85
on 7/16/09 1:37 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Mi8ine was covered. I did not have rashes, but I did have balance issues from the hanging skin.  My insurance wanted 6 months of medical intervention, but my pcp told them that the only medical intervetnion was to remove it  I also had pain from the skin pulling.  I wil friend you so you can see the pics. 
Gayle  6'2" 

Most Active