Not sure?

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/15/09 11:50 am - Springfield, MA

Hey friends, I had my TT on July 7th; I am feeling ok had the drainers removed on Monday July 13.  I have been walking, and even cooking a light meal for my boyfriend and I;  I am planning to go back to work on July 26th that is 3 weeks(almost) post-op.  I am a PCA or Personal Care Attendant, I take care of elderly in their homes I do a little bit of everything; light housekeeping, light cooking, administration of medications, making doctor's appointments, etc.  Is three weeks post-op too soon?  I feel ok, pain under control only concern at this point is my very swollen legs......

thanks,

Cecie

vickie O.
on 7/15/09 1:29 pm - amarillo, TX
i haven't had my surgery yet, but i would worry about the swollen legs because of being on your feet and what would happen in the event you had to move the patient. could get a hernia. believe me i don't want another hernia. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/15/09 1:35 pm - Springfield, MA
Thank you for your answer Vick; and yes I am kind of worry about my swollen legs.  I think I am going to check with my surgeon just to be on the safe side.  Hope you are doing ok:o) Hugzz
Melissa M.
on 7/15/09 1:53 pm - Seabrook, TX
That's cutting in close considering since you will be moving around quite a bit.  You might experience the swelling longer because of all your activity with the housework and such.  I found that I tired easily at 3 weeks.  Even now at 4 weeks I do.  I get a burst of energy and do things around the house and then all of sudden the exhaustion hits me.  Just be sure you rest often and don't overdo it.
Most Active