Dumb Question

Joanna O.
on 7/16/09 6:06 am - Manchester, NH
So I had my appointment with my plastic surgeon today and he said that insurance companies only cover tummy tucks not body lifts so I would have to have a tummy tuck even though I have basically three layers of extra skin.  I don't see how that is gonna look.  Am  I gonna still look like a big fat lump?
~*Joanna*~        
bamagirlee
on 7/16/09 8:45 am - Phenix City, AL
I can't answer your question but if you think it will help to look at my pics you're more than welcome to.
I had a panniculectomy and a tummy tuck without a lower body lift. If you'd like you view by before and after. You will need the password  workinprogress
Hope that helps.
Phyllis
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Joanna O.
on 7/17/09 6:23 am - Manchester, NH
Thanks!!!!!
~*Joanna*~        
Melissa M.
on 7/16/09 3:18 pm - Seabrook, TX
Not sure I understand the 3 layers of skin part, but most insurances do not cover tummy tucks, only the pannilectomy.  Most people have to pay extra for the muscle tightening unless the dr does it for free.  There have been some folks who have had decent results without the tummy tuck and lower body lift.  But I think in order to have the best result possible, I'd definitely recommend the tummy tuck.  It makes a world of difference.  Now as far as having the lower body lift, you will have to pay the difference from what the insurance will cover and what your dr charges.  Your dr will be the best judge of what he thinks you need and  what you will benefit most from.  I would also recommend you go on a few consults as not all surgeons have the same opinions.  Also, if you don't have the lower body lift, you can just do the front and do the backside later.  I've seen folks do that as well.  I know I have seen pics of folks who only had a tummy tuck but could have greatly benefitted from doing the lower body lift.  I know one of the surgeons I consulted with only wanted to do the front because of my anemia, but I am so glad it didn't work out and didn't have to use him.  I told him I was concerned of not having the money to come back and doing the back side and only looking "half done"!  I'm so glad I did it all at once.  The results are amazing!
Most Active