Recovering in Monterrey

Diane B.
on 7/16/09 11:22 am - Seymour, CT
Thank you. Jane.  I was originally going for the LBL, but he told me that would not do much for my thighs, so I went with the full TL.  This was what I think Antonette experienced also.  She had the small lift last year, and was just back for the full one, after not being completely satisfied.  Him telling me this is what made me opt for the full not the medial. 

May I ask why you are wanting a revision on one of your arms?  Was it the one with the large hematoma?  Any advice you have for my aftercare is very much appreciated. 

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

Jane E.
on 7/16/09 11:54 am - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
The hematoma was large but it is still pretty tight.  It has some real bad discoloration of the skin.  I don't know if that will go away or not.  The hematoma was there immediately after surgery, and Dr.S watched it real closely.  I stayed in the hospital 5 nights.

The one that needs a revision was fine, but about a week after I got home I got a large lump in in.  Called a seroma.  It is a pocket of fluid.  it is nearly gone now, but has made the skin saggy. 

My thighs are not holding up well and I may need something there although I think I would just pay extra to have the full thigh lift.  My knees look awful.  I just wish he had wanted to do that while I was there.  He said that he did not like to do the long incision.   Go figure.  A month later and he's done 2, at least.

Anyway, he did take real good care of me and watched the hematoma real closely, thinking he might have to go back in.   

I was surprised at how little pain I had.  My biggest thing was weakness, and I was a little down because of the horrible bruising caused by the hematoma.  

Tell Dr.  that Jane says hi.

Jane

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 2:11 pm
Congrats Diane, you look awesome!  I'm so glad you are doing well & that you had a good experience in Mexico.  Keep us posted on your progress...  Fab
Most Active