Updateness-- xpost (pic) 18 days out

Jupiter6
on 7/14/09 2:16 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
The run-down again:
Mastopexy (breast lift), massive brachioplasty (arm lift-- lost 7 inches, I think), extended anchor-cut abdominoplasty with muscle tightening,umbilical/ventral hernia repair, mons lift, front upper thighplasty--- 18 days ago.

1) I am free of compression wear unless I wannit. My arms are no longer wrapped (except in bed.) This means FREEDOM but the damn puckered mess that is called my armpit hurts. I wear the binder around the house. I can't get the custom compression panties on over my ass lumpz.

2) The MFin' hernia repair is getting in the way. It's ridiculously painful and right smack dab in the center of mah person, so things like getting up and down and walking more than a block hurts like hell. It feels like I was impailed with a tree branch. The breasts haven't so much as twinged from Jump Street, but have been taped, as has the arm scar, so no peekin'. The arms hurt in the pits but not much otherwise. None of the incisions hurt except this MFin' hernia.

3) Bra-- what bra? I don't need no steenkin' bra. I decided to buy a couple tanks with shelf bras for support, but it's not necessary. The sweater puppies are high an' tight--- no implants.

4) I haven't been posting consistently, but I'm temporarily doin' 1400 cals, over 120g protein-- trying to heal but too sedentary to eat much more.

5) I weigh 1.5 pounds more than I did surgery day-- and I had 10+ pounds removed. How d'ya like THAT math?

6) Was supposed to go home Friday but am staying an additional week because I'm draining a bit from a tiny hole--just leaking clear serous fluid-- from my HUGELY swollen left hip.

7) My hips and ass look truly asinine: Return of the Shelf Ass. Anyone got $7k so I can finish this shizz? Friends can see profile for details-- massive fluid filled (I hope) saddlebags.

8) I do get up and move, shop, walk a little, but by 7 pm I am back in my bed and adjusting up and down to keep the fluid from pooling in my gut.

9) I watch a lot of TV shows about dead people, and when I take the Ambien, I find 'em floating around at my feet in my dreams. Ugh.

10) My headaches seem to correspond with non-poopage. I am going every other day now but the volume is sheerly mindboggling and  am not eating that much. Weird as hell, and kind of embarassing. Had the headache Sunday night and cried and cried-- haven't had it since, knock wood. It was TRULY the wordt part of post op recovery-- so bad I couldn't see or hold my head up.

11) I can't take a bath (hot stagnan****er) but the doc says if I can get in the ocean, I oughtta. Ditto for the pool. I do have a tiny greenish spot on the suture line over the ol' poobiss I would like to see cleaned up first.

Below: Here's what you're missin'! ;) I did send a pic of me in clothes to most people who sent their addys-- I got literally dozens of requests, so I sent them primarily to people I already know-- so you curious types are gonna have to wait. Sorry, gawkin' types, but I iz tired. Enjoy my straight-up gangsta thug posturing from my adjustable bed. ;)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

DEBI R.
on 7/14/09 5:19 pm - CORSICANA, TX
You look great Shari, glad you're healing well.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Ansampson
on 7/14/09 7:12 pm
You're looking good, real good. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I know you can't wait to get home.
1stlady
on 7/14/09 10:48 pm - VA
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! you look great!!!

CW 319/ I can do this.....22lbs till goal ( I WILL NOT SABOTAGE MYSELF).....

Sally W.
on 7/14/09 10:56 pm - IA
You have gone through so much!  You are truly an inspiration! Keep on pushing girl!  Its so worth it!!! Hugs!
Sally
BigCityGirl
on 7/14/09 11:50 pm - San Diego, CA
Shari,  Don't worry about that weight gain - you'll lose it and more after you're back moving around again.  I went through the same thing with my LBL and arms - had about 7 pounds removed, gained a few right after surgery and ended up 15 pounds lower after about three months.  There's plenty of swelling with this stuff so your weight isn't going to be accurate for a while.  Hope your pain is history soon.  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Kennedy12
on 7/15/09 1:28 am - Chicago, IL
You are amazing! I hope you continue to do so well and feel better every day.

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/09 1:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Shari,
Hope you are feeling well.

Seems like the math never works when surgery is involved but it does eventually work itself out.

I know what you mean about the armpits....mine were nasty buggers while healing but around week 6 they started to feel much better....still a little numb but no pain and I had my full stretch/reach back.  Hang in there it will get better.

If you can't get into the sea would an Epsom salt bath help?  Maybe you can ask the dr...just a thought.

You had a lot of work done at one time so take it slow.....rest up and keep downing the protein.
Be well
Ruth
Most Active