Insurance Question

Melontiwst
on 7/15/09 2:21 am
I know it's a longshot, but has anyone had their arm flaps covered by insurance? I currently have Unicare (blah) but they are getting ready to swich us to Blue Cross of Indiana. I dont' know anything about them and what they cover yet. I was just curious if anyone had arm surgery covered. It will be a year or so before I have it done, but they are already AWFUL!
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/15/09 3:05 am - Springfield, MA
I hope somebody answers because I have the same problem; I had a TT last week and I was approved by the insurance in less than one month but my arms REALLY need to be done.  I had big arms and I lost 150 Lbs. the extra skin is just too much I have an appointment  to see the same plastic surgeon who did my TT for an evaluation but I am not  sure if is going to be covered.  Good Luck!
dawnspaints
on 7/15/09 5:51 am - Carlyle, IL
I would like to see the answer also. I am still waiting they want me to be 30BMI and I have lost 145 pounds.
Jupiter6
on 7/15/09 2:13 pm, edited 7/15/09 2:14 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

Bad news for you-- BC/BS denied THESE arms...even with a history of sores (hydradenitis suppurativa), weeping lesions and rashes, copies of prescriptions, letters from 3 doctors, and dozens of photos of red, raw rashes that oozed slime and hurt. I have lost 220 pounds, to date (still losing.)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Melontiwst
on 7/16/09 4:53 am
Which blue cross do you have? There are dozens of blue cross sectors and they each have different stipulations. Do you have blue cross of Indiana? 
Most Active