Finally last two drains out!

ericas623
on 7/14/09 4:51 am - Roseville, MI
Finally.  What a difference that makes to have them out.  Don't get me wrong it was painful.  It was like they were attatching (sp) to my insides.  They were hard to get out.  He sure did have to tug on them.  As soon as they were out, the burning went away.  He didn't like that one was still draining 25cc, but said 2 weeks is long enough to have them in.  Also said he did not like the color.  So he put me on an antibiotic-just in case.  I dont have to see hime for 2 weeks unless the area oozes, or I run a fever.

I am just so glad to have them out after 15 days.  What a difference!!

Erica

BTW-he said everything looks great too!
vickie O.
on 7/14/09 6:08 am - amarillo, TX
erica, hip hip hooray!!!!!!!! i can only imagine how wonderful it must feel to have those damn things out.  be sure and stay on top of any oozing, color, smell, fever etc.  good luck to you. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

bamagirlee
on 7/14/09 7:01 am - Phenix City, AL
YAY!!!!!! I know you feel like a million bucks! I felt so good when i got mine out that I actually overdid it the rest of the day. I learned my lesson.
Mine kind of 'smarted' when he pulled them out but no real pain. And I didnt have the burning that I'm hearing others describe. If one was still draining quite a bit you may have oozzing like me. I was expecting if it happened, it would come out the holes where the drains were but a few days later started coming out of one of the sutures above the mons. Still oozing at 5 weeks and having to chane the gauze a couple of times each day. STILL MUCH better than drains!

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

ericas623
on 7/14/09 12:01 pm - Roseville, MI
Thanks for warning me.  I would expect it to come out the holes too.  I tried to take it easy today.  I took a nap and all.  Those things whooped my behind.

Erica
trudie74
on 7/14/09 7:40 am - Round Rock, TX
Life will begin to look sooo much better now!

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/14/09 7:59 am - Springfield, MA
Cograts! Erica.  My surgeon took my drains  out  yesterday and it was heaven for meI was able to take a shower and that made me feel like a new woman.   I hope everything works ok for you and please keep us up to date with your progress.

BTW- my legs are really swollen do you have the same problem? just wondering.....
ericas623
on 7/14/09 12:02 pm - Roseville, MI

Thanks!!  My legs are not swollen, my tummy is though.  Kinda expect that though.  Maybe call your doc and see what they say about your legs.

Erica

Ansampson
on 7/14/09 9:01 am
Erica
I'm doing the happy dance with you. Please watch that drain site closely. I think it will be find in a few days after it heals. I'm so happy for you!!
MARLENA S.
on 7/14/09 10:30 am - middletown, CT
RNY on 09/04/07 with
hi erica! 15days with drains! your one tough cookie!! i had a TT and my arms done friday my drains are coming out thurs and i cant wait!

best of luck to you!

marelna :) 

http://www.myspace.com/marrose76
Rny 9-4-07 -158lbs
July 10th, 2009 Brachioplasty (Arms) & Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)

MSHAMO
on 7/14/09 1:22 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI

CONGRATS, Erica!!!  Those drains sure are annoying, I had 3 in for 3 weeks, had two taken out and had the last one in for another week. Mine didn't hurt when they came out tho, strange!! Yes, you might have some oozing. How is the BM problem?? Getting better, I hope!! Hugs, Nancy

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active