4 weeks after brach...am I normal??

Shelly H.
on 7/14/09 4:43 am - Marco Island, FL
It's already been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am waiting and wondering if my arms are normal and will be, when completely healed.  I have never had any experience with this major of surgery except for my gastric, and that was beautiful compared to this.  I have had a couple little break downs, thinking I am Frankenstein.  Wondering if the the skin will eventually smooth out and they are.  Now I am freaking out about my the skin down by my elbows.  They kind of look like extra belly buttons.  My doctor has reassured me that this will all work out as time goes by and I am right on track.  Maybe I am being too critical and impatient.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated at this time.  Thank you, Shelly
Ansampson
on 7/14/09 9:06 am
I'll be six weeks out on my arms Thursday. I still have a spot on both arms that have not completely healed. I use Mederma to smooth them out. Also, at night I rub them with coco butter to smooth the skin as well. My left upper arm appears to be a little larger than my right arm and it tends to swell more. So I don't know if this is just swelling or what. However, I am very pleased with the results. Now I spend a great deal of time working them. My biceps are coming along nicely. I hope this helps some. Good luck as you continue to heal and hopefully the areas of concern will work themselves out.
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/09 11:11 am - Los Angeles, CA
I'm one week post brachio, and it gonna take our bodies longer than 4 weeks to figure out what we did to it! You're gonna be swelling for a little while, on and off, but be patient, I hear it gets better!
BigCityGirl
on 7/15/09 12:58 am - San Diego, CA
Without seeing any photos, it's hard to say if your results are normal.  I had my original brachioplasty about 18 months ago and last October I had a revision.  Mine are great now.  I know that brachioplasty work often requires at least one revision.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
hicksgx
on 7/15/09 2:53 am - Hitchcock, TX
i had upper body lift in april.  includes the arms, armpit sides breasts with implants.  I am approx 12 weeks post op.  I'm healed. Swelling gone, unless i overuse them.  First off I must tell you, I am completely happy with my arms.  I do have like extra skin down by my elbows.  Typical of all the other elbows i have seen post op brachio though.  All the elbows I have seen look a little off.  So I am not worried too much.  I think my scar has alot to do with the elbow.  Maybe after time things will continue to change.  I know how you feel about Feeling like frankenstein.  Still feel that way.  Dont really want to go out with a tank top on.  I am very pale, scars are still really red.  I know I am too critical of my body.  But, I sympathize with you.  We went thru alot.  I just really want to be normal, as I am sure you do as well.  Whatever normal is.....Ginger  
Lost 136 lbs,         
Upper Torsoplasty with Saline implants 4-16-09
Dr. John LoMonaco, M.D. F.A.C.S., www.drlomonaco.com
Most Active