Question...

tonjasm
on 7/14/09 3:42 am - Edmond, OK
My skin hurts...what is up with that?  I am three weeks out today.  Doing fabulous!  But my skin hurts on my abdomen.  Like extremely sensitive whether it's touched or not touched.  I wear my binder religiously and I have one more week of wearing it.  Is this extreme sensitivity due to healing of the nerves?  Of course I have minimal swelling.  But this sensitivity makes me want to pull my hair out...maybe even do a Brittany Spears head shave (makes me feel a bit insane if you catch my drift).

Who's experienced it and any idea on how long it lasts?  I've really, really noticed it the last 4 days, although it's hurt longer than that.  The intensity has just multiplied.

Tonja

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Cindy F.
on 7/14/09 3:48 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
have not had surgery yet.  But maybe you should call Dr.  Hopefully not an infection going on. 

I would check if I were you. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
tonjasm
on 7/14/09 4:09 am - Edmond, OK
 So...I called my surgeons office and I am right on schedule for the nerves to be waking up and to have this miserable feeling going on.  This is what the valium is for...but I don't want to take it while I am at work.  So....pray for me that this will just stop feeling so flunky.  It hurts and makes me feel foul (to put it nicely).

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

islander
on 7/14/09 5:41 am - Middletown, RI
Definitely normal!  I was so sensitive that I did my best NOT to be in any place where I might be accidentally touched & would jump if someone just came too close.  It didn't actually hurt, but stay away from me!

This did NOT last long.  Then came what I called the "itchy burnies."  I'd notice it when I went to bed.  I couldn't decide which sensation drove me crazier- the itchiness or the burning feeling.  Hello, painkillers!

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/14/09 8:51 am - Springfield, MA
In my opinion your body is probably "waking up" or in other words the anesthesia is wearing off so you are starting to "feel" your new body your new skin.   I think it will take time to feel like your "old self"  again but this time it will be a BETTER IMPROVED SELF good luck!
Ansampson
on 7/14/09 9:09 am
I agree with everyone I think it's your nerve ending waking up. Mine's lasted for about a week and then the itching/burning kicked in for a few days. You will survive this. Just be on guard and don't let anyone or anything touch your stomach.
Most Active