Questions about upcoming PS

Kristi H.
on 7/14/09 1:59 am - Killeen, TX
Good morning everyone!  I will be having plastic surgery on Sept. 3rd.  A lower body lift and breast lift.  I was wondering if there is a packing list that anyone has or any suggestions of things to bring with me.  I will be in the hospital for 2 days and then in a recovery hotel for 10 days.  I won't have the option to run home if I need something so I was hoping to bring everything with me that I might need. 

So far the only suggestion my surgeon said was to make sure and bring protein as I will need to increase my protein after surgery.

Sooo, any tips, hints or things you wish you would have known before?

Thanks so much!!
Cindy F.
on 7/14/09 3:50 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Good question, I am having the same on October 5.  I will be interested in the suggestions too.  Thanks for asking.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
liz73
on 7/14/09 7:00 am
Hello,

I'm not sure about the breastlift but I had a lower body lift & thigh lift June 30th and here are some things that have helped me.

Freshette (definitely can't live without!)
Tons of wet wipes for when you can't shower and the flushable ones. 
Toilet seat riser.
Shower bench.
4x4 gauze dressings and alcohol wipes (for the thigh lift.)  
3 x 8 non stick surgical dressings.
Colace or other stool softener.
lip balm - pain meds or surgery make lips terribly chapped.
Bromelain and Arnica.
Fiber one bars, Activia, anything high fiber to help you maintain BM.
Mints or candies- mouth gets dry and makes you feel fresh :)
Tank tops & loose cotton skirts ( I bought boxers and yoga pants but honestly the skirt is the easiest to deal with as I always have to lift it up to pee, fix dressings, etc.)

Also a sarong (like a bathing suit cover up) has been wonderful - sometimes you really don't want to put anything over your head and it's so easy to just keep a sarong by your side for an easy cover up when you feel like just laying around in your compression garment.

I borrowed a walker from my mom and that has also been very helpful, especially for the first couple of days when you feel light headed.

Before surgery I talked with the anesthesiologist about my concern of getting nausea and vomiting after surgery.  He put something in the ****tail for that and my PS prescribed a scoplamine patch also that they put on one hour before surgery.  I never felt a bit of nausea.

Hope this helps,

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.  
-liz

EzySpirit
on 7/14/09 11:23 am - Middle Island, NY
Hi Liz

Thanks for the list you gave me lots of things to think about.  I am having a LBL, Anchor, Butt Lift, excess abdominal fat removed & of course a new belly button.  My date is next tuesday, July 21st.  I am also having another surgeon to repair/remove an umbilical hernia.  Gee seems like so much to do.  Did you sleep in a recliner?  I am going to look for one tomarrow or thursday.  My girlfriend suggested a wedge for my bed.  My bed is EXTRA high so I will probably sleep in a spare bed at first...if at all. 

What is Bromelain or Arnica and what is it for?  I am asking DR if I can take an Ambien the nite before and if she has anything to prescribe for anxiety the morning of, should I need it.

My hubby took a few days off and so did my daughter.

Thanks for all the info.

HUGS...Dale
liz73
on 7/15/09 1:42 am
Hi Dale,

I had tons of work done at one time too (lbl, abdominoplasty, butt lift & aug., spiral thighplasty & lipo.)  I stayed at an amazing aftercare facility for about a week and they had a remote controlled temperpedic bed (heaven!) so I didn't need a reclliner.  I wouldn't have been able to get in and out of a regular bed but I've heard of others who did fine. 

Right now I'm sleeping on the couch with tons of pillows. I just recently figured out if I line the couch with pillows and sleep ontop of them I am much more comfy.

Bromelain and Arnica are for swelling, inflamation and bruising.  They aren't prescription, I got them on Amazon & I really do think they are helping.  

One more thing I remembered that I couldn't live without is one of those long grabber things (not sure what they are called.

-liz

Most Active