Seroma update

Ansampson
on 7/14/09 8:58 am
This morning after my shower I noticed something wet on my skin. I thought I didn't rinse the soap off me well. So I just wiped it off and then I noticed it again. The seroma was draining through my skin this time instead of my belly button. Remember I told you I bruised so badly from the last time my doc drained it. Well the place where he stuck the needle had a scab over it. I believe the fluids forced the scab off and came out. I squeeze it as much as I could and it was so painful. However, after about 30 minutes I couldn't get any more out. The pain has subsided a lot and I feel much better. There's still a small seroma there but instead of being the size of an egg it's about a quarter in size. I called my surgeon's office but he was out today. I don't think I need to go in but I will call him again in the morning. All he ever does is look at it and say it's better for the fluids to come out. And that the fluid comes out an opening it can find. I have about 3 more days left on the antibodics so hopefully, that will go ahead and clear it up. Thanks for listening to my vent.
PS: Yes I did socise (socialize & exercise) this morning for about an hour. If I don't go exercise I feel so lost and then I tend to overeat because I'm bored. Still trying to get a handle on that.
vickie O.
on 7/14/09 11:53 am - amarillo, TX
hopse your seroma clears up soon. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Jupiter6
on 7/14/09 2:24 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I feel your pain, mama--- hang in!:)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active