Silicone Gel patches HELP

O. Kufi
on 7/13/09 11:28 am
Hello All

I am looking into the silicone patches for scars and want to know if anyone has used them, and if you have

1. what kind did you use?
2. do you think it helped your scars?
3. where did you purchase them?

Thanks bunches!

Dr Sauceda you ROCK!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Melissa M.
on 7/13/09 2:44 pm - Seabrook, TX
MelissaF used them.  I'd look through some of her latest posts and see if you find them.  You can also do a google search for them.  I found these on the contourmd website.  They have compression garments and such.

http://www.contourmd.com/silicone_sheeting_s/136.htm
O. Kufi
on 7/22/09 12:59 pm
On July 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM Pacific Time, my06ds wrote:
MelissaF used them.  I'd look through some of her latest posts and see if you find them.  You can also do a google search for them.  I found these on the contourmd website.  They have compression garments and such.

http://www.contourmd.com/silicone_sheeting_s/136.htm
Good site, thanks bunches.

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 10:34 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I used them on my breasts after the reduction/lift.....they did a fantastic job!  I loved them.
I used them on my arms after the brachioplasty....they would not stay on.

Melissa F and I happened to use the same ones.......you can buy them here.
www.newmedical.com/purchases.htm

FYI - I used the CVS brand sheets (cut in half lengthwise) and they worked best on my boobs and were less expensive!
O. Kufi
on 7/22/09 1:07 pm
On July 14, 2009 at 5:34 AM Pacific Time, moosie1234 wrote:
I used them on my breasts after the reduction/lift.....they did a fantastic job!  I loved them.
I used them on my arms after the brachioplasty....they would not stay on.

Melissa F and I happened to use the same ones.......you can buy them here.
www.newmedical.com/purchases.htm

FYI - I used the CVS brand sheets (cut in half lengthwise) and they worked best on my boobs and were less expensive!
Thank you for responding.

You look great!

thirdact
on 7/14/09 4:52 am
I used the silicone scar strips.  I bought the CVS house brand.  You will find them near the band aids.  They are pretty pricey (I think) but I cut them up so I get a lot of mileage out of a box.  I think they absolutely help.  I had six scars after my RNY and three of them turned into keloids. Today, all of them are virtually invisible.  I just had a lower body lift five weeks ago and part of the scar (along my back) is now widening and has turned a cherry-red.  I am concerned that I am headed to a keloid there too and just got a box of the silicone strips.  As I did before, I have cut them up  so I get more out of them.  Good luck!  Kelly
O. Kufi
on 7/22/09 1:10 pm
On July 14, 2009 at 11:52 AM Pacific Time, thirdact wrote:
I used the silicone scar strips.  I bought the CVS house brand.  You will find them near the band aids.  They are pretty pricey (I think) but I cut them up so I get a lot of mileage out of a box.  I think they absolutely help.  I had six scars after my RNY and three of them turned into keloids. Today, all of them are virtually invisible.  I just had a lower body lift five weeks ago and part of the scar (along my back) is now widening and has turned a cherry-red.  I am concerned that I am headed to a keloid there too and just got a box of the silicone strips.  As I did before, I have cut them up  so I get more out of them.  Good luck!  Kelly
Thanks Kelly!
I actually use the CVS pharmacy all the time so I will check next time I am in there.

Thanks for the tip because I see they are a bit pricey. I am excited to hear that they worked for you.

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/09 1:55 pm
It's really a pleasure to be able to actually contribute something to this forum, instead of incessantly asking questions.

I can tell you where to order silicone patches!  We have used them on my little boy, eight years old, who had plastic reconstructive surgery to remove a dangerous growth.  They are FANTASTIC:

They are made by a company called Biodermis and can be ordered online, with overnight delivery, via:   http://www.biodermis.com/  

They have my full, complete, absolute and undying recommendation.  My little boy immediately began serious keloid process scarring that was going to dreadfully impact him if we did not take care of it.  He has been wearing the patch for 9 months now -- and his keloid is really softening up.  He has three more months of this, and then he should be finished.  

If you go to the "Shop Online" section, you will see the patches in a variety of sizes, shapes, and quantities.  Good luck!

O. Kufi
on 7/22/09 1:12 pm
On July 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM Pacific Time, charming wrote:
It's really a pleasure to be able to actually contribute something to this forum, instead of incessantly asking questions.

I can tell you where to order silicone patches!  We have used them on my little boy, eight years old, who had plastic reconstructive surgery to remove a dangerous growth.  They are FANTASTIC:

They are made by a company called Biodermis and can be ordered online, with overnight delivery, via:   http://www.biodermis.com/  

They have my full, complete, absolute and undying recommendation.  My little boy immediately began serious keloid process scarring that was going to dreadfully impact him if we did not take care of it.  He has been wearing the patch for 9 months now -- and his keloid is really softening up.  He has three more months of this, and then he should be finished.  

If you go to the "Shop Online" section, you will see the patches in a variety of sizes, shapes, and quantities.  Good luck!

Congratulations on your loss, awesome.

Thanks for the info and the testimony. I am so glad they are working for your little one.

Thanks for sharing.

Cindy C.
on 7/17/09 1:30 pm
My surgeon had me order mine from healingenhancements.com.  They really help.  I wish I knew that CVS had them.  I paid a fortune for mine.  I don't remember the exact price.  They are very comfortable to wear.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Most Active