I'm a hot mess...........

Jessie-F
on 7/13/09 10:05 am
Okay, I thought I would feel a little better by week 2, but I felt good by day 8 and now I feel worst.
I went to Target today and I had people stopping me and asking if I needed medical assistance! The elderly were holding doors for me! People would cringe when they saw me!!
I'm tired of walking around like a backwards S!! The WORST pain right now is the mons pubis area. Whatever stretch marks I had in that area have decided to swell up to a hot, pink, tender mess!! The pain is similar to a hang nail, you  know, hot throbbing pain. Everytime I move it feels like someone is plucking my pubic hair off (sorry, TMI). The area above and below the TT incision is swollen, looks like a rubber band wrapped pillow.
I know this will pass, I'm just in a whiny mood. I want to feel better soon, that's all. Just venting, sorry.
-Jessie

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 10:37 am
Oh poor you.  I sure hope you start feeling better soon.
inkerdoodles
on 7/13/09 10:40 am - Schenectady, NY
Is it supposed to do that..... I'm hoping its just part of the healing process and will soon pass... Keep us posted... :) Hang in there. Every day you're 1 day further into recovery.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

vickie O.
on 7/13/09 11:11 am - amarillo, TX
i would call my doc to make sure this is normal. good luck to you. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Renee2007
on 7/13/09 12:20 pm, edited 7/13/09 12:20 pm - Central, FL
I feel your pain Jessie. My mons area feels like it's rubbed raw. The sensations vary and range from the hairs being plucked by tweezers to the bee sting sensation. I also have to take my binder off for a few minutes at a time when I'm sitting at the dinner table. It seems to rub me and bother me there the most at that particular time. I guess it's the straight back chair but it makes me crazy.

The back pain is what's depressing me the most. I feel like the front of me is healing fine but I wasn't prepared for the back pain. I'm sick of being hunched over. I got a heating pad tonight and it's made a world of difference.

Hang in there, we have to be getting close to having the worst behind us!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Jessie-F
on 7/13/09 1:08 pm, edited 7/13/09 1:10 pm
Thanks so much to all for your kind words. I have my 2 week appt. tomorrow a.m., he's gonna remove the tape and stitches so hopefully this will make things better. In any case, maybe he can tell me what to apply to this area.

Renee, you're describing exactly what I feel, and I'm also fed up with the hunched over look. You're right, the worst is hopefully behind us!! I HOPE.

Melissa M.
on 7/13/09 2:17 pm, edited 7/13/09 2:18 pm - Seabrook, TX
Sounds like you may be moving too much too soon.  We tend to overdo when we think we're feeling better and then when we realize we're hurting we're usually out and about and not at home resting with our legs up.  I know that's when I seem to start to feel achey or tired or just uncomfortable.  I have gone out twice on my own this last week or so and when I get home I'm exhausted.  Not hurting, just ready to sit and rest and I'm almost 4 weeks out.  When I'm home I feel great but get me out more than 2 hours and I'm ready to come home.  Also when I was about 2 weeks out and I felt a little soreness creeping in, I always took some tylenol before I ventured out just in case.  I also avoided long stretches of walking until I was standing up straight.  Walking hunched over for an extended period of time is what made my back hurt.  Rest rest rest!

Hope you feel better!
Melissa
CoronaRN
on 7/14/09 1:36 pm - Huddleston, VA
Jessie,

Sounds like you're trying to do too much too soon!  I don't think I left the house until week 3.  And even then, I had to lean against a buggy and walk!  It helped to have that to hold onto!
Hope you're taking your pain meds.  Lawd knows I did!
Sorry to disappoint you but I dont think I felt like "my old self" until week 5/6.   Thank God I had 7 weeks off of work.

Tanya
Most Active