Panni approved!!! But what about my arms?

EzySpirit
on 7/13/09 2:12 pm - Middle Island, NY
Great to hear they will pay for the panni.  I have BCBS & my surgery is next tuesday, I haven't herd yet...so frustrating~!!  I am getting excited and anxious at the same time~!!   Congrats again.

Hugs...Dale 
Sally W.
on 7/13/09 9:53 pm - IA
You have your surgery scheduled and you don't have any approval from ins. yet?  WOW!  I can't afford to pay for what ins won't cover (except out of pocket for the year). So, I have to have approval first. (Single mom).
Sally
EzySpirit
on 7/14/09 11:45 am - Middle Island, NY
I am also having a hernia repair by another surgeon at the same time and i think they have to pay for that.  My husband is taking $$ out of his annuity for the rest.  We tried to apply for a loan but was denied.  Don't forget you can appeal if denied.  I hear lots of ins deny at first figuring people will quit there.  ALSO.  I heard that a nurse is the first to look at it.  If you appeal...a DR must then look into it.  Best wishes to you.

HUGS...Dale 
EzySpirit
on 7/14/09 11:48 am - Middle Island, NY
And one more thing...did your DR plan to do both at once?  Maybe they figured they would do it separetely.  Sometimes they do not want to do top & bottom together cause it may be too much at once.  Call & ask.

HUGS...Dale 
Jupiter6
on 7/13/09 3:00 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
These arms were denied by BC/BS-- with letters from a surgeon, PCP, dermatologist, copies of prescriptions, and 20 photos spanning 5 years of skin lesions, hydradenitis suppurativa, and extremely bad intertriginous rashes with scarring and skin degradation. 'Nuff said.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Sally W.
on 7/13/09 9:49 pm - IA

My arms are so similar to yours.  That's why I had to try...at least TRY to get them covered.  Single mom, no extra $$ so, i was just going to hope and pray and bug them until they give in.  But..to find out that the nurse/doctor didn't even submit?  That's what's frustrating!  Time will tell...IF they call me back. NO e-mail, no phone call, the entire day yesterday.  I"m giving the nurse today to call me back then i'm calling her back AGAIN.

Sally
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/15/09 3:28 am - Springfield, MA
Perhaps you should have a psycologist/therapist help you, I mean they can tell your insurance how all this is affecting your quality of life. Who  knows it may help.  Good Luck.
Most Active