Breast Reduction Surgery in 2 days...

LngRedRose
on 7/13/09 3:41 am

I am having breast reduction surgery on Wednesday, July 15th.  I am not excited about going under anesthesia but I am so excited to finally be having this procedure done.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  I will post as soon as I am able.

Thanks in advance!!

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Jessie-F
on 7/13/09 4:19 am
Good Luck!!! Just had my BR 2 weeks ago. Please make sure that  if they hook you up to an OnQpump, that they remove the clamps! The RN FORGOT to remove the clamps and the pain med never was released. After 8 days, at my 1st post op visit, my surgeon realized that they were closed.
Thank goodness I didn't get an infection. The hospital called me a few days ago to apologize, and to tell me that the RN was reprimanded.

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

LngRedRose
on 7/13/09 4:26 am
Wow.. that is terrible!!!  Is BR all that you had done?  What has your recovery time been?  What about the pain?  I am very anxious about this surgery.  Thanks for your reply...

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Jessie-F
on 7/13/09 9:40 am
Hi Karen,
I had a BR (from a 32E to a 32C) and a tummy tuck w/ lipo to the flanks (love handles). You can check out the pics on my profile, just use this password: plastics2009

I'm not gonna lie, for ME, the BR was more painful than the TT (in the beginning). It felt like my breast were gonna split apart like hot dogs on a grill!! My areolas were sooooo sensitive, which in a way is good because I didn't lose sensation to that area.

The pain was bad for about a week. Normally, in ALL my research from this board, other sites, and co-workers, this really wasn't suppose to be that painful. I think my brain just focused on one spot and threw all the pain there because the lipo ( which I was prepared for the worst) and tha TT didn't hurt at all (in the beginning). NOW, My breast seem to be healing beautifully, except fot the occational stitch that pops out, and my TT feels like its on fire!!!

So......., be prepared for anything. I'm ecstatic about the breast though, worth the initial pain, the tummy tuck, better start getting better soon! Any Q's, PM me.-Jessie

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

dec721
on 7/14/09 1:27 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Tomorrow is your day, LngRed!  You will do just great.  I had a BR in 2002 and have never for a second regretted it.  I had almost no pain, no healing problems, no nothing except great results, so it is possible to have an easy surgery and recovery.  Do exactly as the doctor recommends, drink like a fish to wash all that anesthesia out of your system, walk walk walk ... all the post-op recommendations ... and you will snap back before you know it!  Prayers going up....
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

jillianD
on 7/14/09 1:36 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I had my BR 2 months ago and I couldn't be happier!  Almost no pain here I was back to work in a week.  Went from a 34 GG to a 34 C.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active