How long does seroma's last?

Ansampson
on 7/13/09 10:27 pm
I am having a hard time dealing with the same seroma for about three weeks now. Before it showed up I began draining through my naval (belly button). Then once that began to heal up I noticed a hard egg shape area on the left side of my upper stomach. My doc drianed 40 cc's from it but the swelling didn't go down. The are he dug the needle in is still bruised two weeks later. It appears to be getting smaller but Saturday I was feeling some pain in that area and it continued until today. It feels like it's pulling. On Saturday I worked out for over three hours and I felt good doing so. Do you think I maybe over doing it a bit? My doc said I could exercise or in my case socise (socialize & exercise) as much as I felt comfortable doing. How long does it take for this to clear up. I'm on antibodics and I'm half way done with them. I hate to keep going in to the office weekly for nothing. Any suggestions or input would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
oceanwave2
on 7/14/09 1:15 am - Clayton, NC
Girl you are a hot mess working out for three hours.  But hey if you felt good doing it go ahead.  However if it were me and I continued to feel bad call your surgeon.

I had my follow up yesterday.  The drain is still in since it is still draining 25CCs.  I can go back to work on the 29th as long as the drain is out.  I hope it is.  Other than that my day was pretty long  I was pretty much on the go for 12hrs and am exhausted today.  Went by my workplace to see my boss and everyone.  They are so pleased with how I look.  I have a great supportive team here at work and home. Just makes you feel great.  I do have a sking condition that has popped up.  My skin is dry,red, and itchy.   Doctor thinks that it is an allergic reaction to the dial soap.  Going to start taking benadryl today and going back to my aveeno or dove soap.

Anyway Ansampson  definitely don't over do.  I did so much walking, talking, and computer stuff yesterday I felt like I was back at work.  And lets just say I am glad I have another 2 weeks off.

Feel better and if I were you I wouldn't exercise today,just socialize.

Jasmine
Most Active