How long after surgery for plastics?

E N.
on 7/13/09 12:57 pm - Belleville, IL
How long should I wait for plastics? I know I have to get these arms and legs tucked because they are so wiggly and out of controll! Of course I would love  the TT and breast lift but save those for another day......
Im 6 months out and have lost 100 lbs. I am 30 lbs away from my goal weight. Im assuming that its going to take at least 3 months to hit goal but then how long do I need to wait until I adjust my skin to match my body?
How long did you wait to get plastics? 
What is too soon? 1 yr post or 18 months post op? Im just curious about my legs and arms......
Wendy_Canada
on 7/13/09 8:08 pm - Canada
Plastic surgeons recommend 18 months OR 6 months after your weight loss has stabilized.
They want your body settled so you dont lose more and get more floppy skin or gain a little and it feel uncomfortable. 

I waited the exact 18 months and my fluxuation was within 3 pounds and i had my anchor tummy tuck and breast lift 2 weeks ago.  I am going in for my arms in September

Wendy (Orillia Ontario)

Honeyblonde
on 7/13/09 10:39 pm - MN
I had a LBL when I was 15 months out.  My daughter-in-law had a TT and breast lift when she was 6 months out after losing 130 lbs.  Both extremely successful!
    HW- 313  SW - 292   GW - 185  Current - 165

trudie74
on 7/13/09 10:58 pm - Round Rock, TX
Mine didn't care as much about how long out from WLS...more about how long your weight has been stabalized...6 months min.  So that will vary widely for people.

O. Kufi
on 7/14/09 4:08 am
All surgeons seem to be a litle different you will find and will have their standard answer for you.

Personally I had my first round at 15 months and my second round just over 2 years from WLS.

I reached my doctors goal at a little over 10 months. My goal was 5lbs less.

Hope your search is stressfree and full of great results!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/14/09 8:46 am - Springfield, MA
I had my TT five years after gastric bypass surgery; I wanted to be stable, weigh wise,  that's the reason I waited this long.  I finally had the TT last week and I feel really good.  No major problems.  I am sure other people will say is too long but in my case I wanted to be sure my weigh wasn't going to change and that my gastric bypass was  successful. 

Good Luck to you
Most Active