One Year Post Plastics Question

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/13/09 12:51 am - Tucson, AZ
I had Brachioplasty one year ago this week and am still experiencing swelling and numbness to the point that my hand goes to sleep.  Anyone else experiencing this and should I call the surgeon about it?  Could it just be that the nerve was damaged during surgery?
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

mwy
on 7/13/09 3:40 am
Becky, I would definitely call the surgeon if your hand is actually falling asleep.  It sounds like a bit of nerve damage, but it may just be something that will resolve with time.  Our incisions take over a year to heal internally and the problem with the arms is that they are constantly be pulled on so they never get a good chance to just relax.  Are you doing regular scar massage in case it may be scar tissue on that nerve?  Let us know what your doc says,

Mary
huskerfan85
on 7/13/09 5:05 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Not the same kind of surgery, but I had a veinous laser ablation on my legs a year ago, and I still have numbness in the backs of my knees.  When I was in for my 6 month appt, he said it could take over a year to get feeling back, I am just now getting some feeling over one year out.  I see the doc again on the 20th, so I will again be asking about the numbness.  Good Luck I hope you get some answers.
Gayle  6'2" 

Most Active