OK...HELP!

Reggaesue
on 7/11/09 10:51 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Had my TT on Wednesday morning.  Haven't gone to the bathroom (Pooped) since.  I'm on Doc-q-lac (Stool softerner) trying to drink some prune juice and fiber......but NOTHING.

Suggestions?
Suzanne

sanguinarythorn
on 7/11/09 11:15 pm - Newport News, VA
Miralax twice a day. Also, eat a Fiber One bar a couple times a day. They're really good, and full of fiber.
vickie O.
on 7/11/09 11:31 pm - amarillo, TX
I HAVE A REAL HARD TIME WITH CONSTIPATION EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T HAD MY SURGERY YET. MY DOC HAS PRESCRIBED LACULOSE. IT WORKS. U MIGHT WANT TO ASK YOUR WLS DOC ABOUT IT. VICK

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

workingmommy
on 7/12/09 12:23 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I took Colace 2x a day.  It is cheaper if you have insurance and your dr precribes it.  Drink plenty of fluids and move around.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

trudie74
on 7/12/09 12:30 am - Round Rock, TX
Yep...stool softener 1-2 times per day...I concurr with the fiber bar...I also ate oatmeal for bkfst most mornings...took 2 Fiber chewables instead of the powder drink stuff...drank lots of extra water and used a glycerine suppository if I had to push too hard.  The first few poos after surgery were gigantic (see Jupiter's post confirming this for her too) and painful!  But once I got past that and kept to this regimine things moved along fine.  Good luck!

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/12/09 1:54 am
I had the same issue - Correctol is what I took.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Jessie-F
on 7/12/09 1:55 am
I had the same problem, after 4 days of trying to go, I had Fiber one yogurt, and it worked! No cramps or bloating.
MelissaF
on 7/12/09 6:23 am - Northwood, IA
Make sure if you are loading up with fiber that you are drinking a lot of water in conjunction or it will act as a "plug" and you will make the situation even worse.  If you are not able to get in enough fluid I would stick with milk of magnesia and/or colace (plain not pericolace) to soften and not stimulate... as the stimulant will cause cramping and extra gas (as can the fiber) and make u even that much more uncomfrotable.  Miralax as suggested is an awesome one too and maybe just skip what else I said and go straight to that one.   Good luck.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Melissa M.
on 7/12/09 7:28 am - Seabrook, TX

I took colace every time I took a pain pill and that seemed to help me.  Also, I hear smooth move tea is good as well.  You can find that at GNC.  I bought it but never needed to use it.

Good luck,
Melissa

Reggaesue
on 7/12/09 9:58 am - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Suzanne

Most Active