Day 4 1/2 Since TT Now new issue!

Reggaesue
on 7/12/09 10:01 am - Brooklyn, NY
I have developed a reaction to the surgical tape!!   Blisters and open soars!!   Yikes.   Doing my best to treat them until I see surgeon on Tuesday!

Anyone else have this?  Suggestions?
Suzanne

vickie O.
on 7/12/09 10:31 am - amarillo, TX

call your doctor. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Susan F.
on 7/12/09 11:09 am
RNY on 10/12/07 with
I'm 12 days out and I also have blisters and scabs from the tape in some placesbut not everywhere.  They are not open sores.  The tapes has started curling at the edges and I did cut some of the tape off that was no longer sticking.  Mostly where the blister/scabs are.  Let me know what your Dr. says.  I see my Dr.on Tuesday.  Hope to get my last drain out......I would just suggest to keep them dry and let them heal.

Jennifer Q.
on 7/12/09 12:40 pm - Newton, NJ
I had this after my RNY!! I took the tape off and kept them clean and dry (as per the surgeon). One of them was so bad it actually left a scar!! It is fading now, but it stinks. Hope that helps.  I think in hind sight I would have used neosporin or something, but the Dr. said not to.  I still dont know why.

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
Reggaesue
on 7/12/09 12:44 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks....my friend who is a nurse came over and helped clean them up and applied Bacetracin to the affected areas.  Gonna call the Dr. in the A.M. and I'll report back!
Suzanne

trudie74
on 7/12/09 11:59 pm - Round Rock, TX
Same...I had them with RNY too and also had a scar from it...oh well.  I got them under my arm pits this time, so at least it is more hidden!  My surgeon just left tape off and put the ointment you are already using on it.  It scabbed over in a day or 2 and is healing fine.  I used gauze pads the first day though because mine were oozing blood and then dried to my clothing...then it hurt like hell to pull it apart!  If yours don't touch anything and aren't oozing much leave em open I say...and verify with your doc!

Reggaesue
on 7/13/09 1:59 am - Brooklyn, NY
Spoke to the Doctor.... he confirmed.  Clean the areas up, put antibiotic ointment on them, and let then dry out.
Suzanne

ilyssajane
on 7/13/09 4:15 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hi Suzanne,

I had this problem as well, I now only use paper tape and sparingly!!

Hope you feel better!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

tonjasm
on 7/13/09 7:45 am - Edmond, OK
Mine came from paper tape.  I used the antibiotic ointment (single) and the scab just came off today.  It went from a clear blister to a blood blister.  I called the day I noticed it just to verify I was fine.  Very odd, but I was told I treated it correctly.  If there is every any heat or streaks or just flat out concern...call your surgeons office.  That's what you paid them the big bucks for!  They are to be there for you through thick and thin!
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Brandi7920
on 7/13/09 12:49 pm - Nashville, TN
I have the same problem with tapes - cloth tape is about the only thing that doesn't blister my skin. I hope the bacitracin and all help the affected areas clear up soon. /hugs
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Most Active