WTH?

workingmommy
on 7/12/09 8:51 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
So, I go to sit on the couch and my side pops.  I swear I thought I had ripped my incision.  I go to the bathroom and check it out and apparently a thick stitch had broke through the skin.  Has anyone had this happen, and should I be concerend?  I see my PS on Tues so I can tell him about it then, but I am not sure if I should call before that.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

kendralynn
on 7/12/09 9:05 am - IA
Yikes your scaring me!  Hope everything is ok...let us know.
~K
Open RNY 7-27-04   
-180 Lbs.
bamagirlee
on 7/12/09 9:36 am - Phenix City, AL
OUCH! Did it hurt? Sounds like it might. I have not had that happen, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. If it is red or more swollen than normal I'd probaby go ahead and call the Dr tomorrow morning. If you have pain there I might go ahead and cal tonight. 
Best of luck!  
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

workingmommy
on 7/12/09 2:11 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
You know I said ouch, but I think it was more of a startle than actual pain.  Thankfully it does not hurt and is not red or swollen or warm to touch.  I have a stich like it on the other hip that is out, but I never noticed when it came up.  I'll let you know what he says.

April

160 lbs lost to date!

Lenora A.
on 7/12/09 1:01 pm - Deer Park, TX
So does this stitch look like fishing line? If so, I have two stitches like this. One on my right hip and one on my lower left abdomen.  I tried to pull them but no luck. The one one my tummy seems to be "connected" to something deeper inside cuz when I tug at it it pulls inside. I am so freaking out. I have an appointment on Wednesday so I just put band-aids on them and am going to have him take care of them. Other than that, everything is going good. Let me know what your PS tells you.

Lenora

workingmommy
on 7/12/09 2:14 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
That is exactly what it is like.  I have one on my left hip as well (this one is on the right).  When I noticed the one on the right I did give it a little pull because I thought it was a hanging scab, but it is definitly attached.  This one looks just the same.  Thankfully they don't hurt, it just scared me when it broke through.  When I go in on Tues I will have him address them.

April

160 lbs lost to date!

trudie74
on 7/13/09 12:02 am - Round Rock, TX
I have a couple of those, but never felt them come out...my surgeon just nipped them off and said they are random and working their way out somehow...I didn't really ask much since he wasn't worried.  I think they would disolve over time, but my guy just had his nurse clip them close to the skin...I guess there could be a problem in some cases so I'd check to be sure!

MelissaF
on 7/13/09 1:36 am - Northwood, IA
I have a couple of these tooo!!!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Jessie-F
on 7/13/09 2:10 am
The same thing happened to me yesterday!! minus the POP sound.
I was sitting in my recliner and I was trying to adjust my support bra when all of a sudden, I must have pulled a stitch! It felt like something ripped. So I ran ( waddled) to the bathroom and saw a huge black stitch poking out at the end of my BR incision. It looked like a needle sticking out. I didn't know what to do, wasn't sure if I should've tuck it back in , or pull it out. So I just trimmed it, but it keeps poking me, feels like a needle getting stuck in my skin over and over! I go to see my surgeon tomorrow to remove the tapes and stitches, that'll be something enjoyable I'm sure!

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

Most Active