tt

speicallady
on 7/12/09 9:41 am - bronx, NY
hello everyone

after your tt, did your doctors put you on a special diets?
I know that don't want to eat much, I am worry about getting enough protein
what did you take to the hospital to eat?
muscle milk?

thanks

debra
bamagirlee
on 7/12/09 9:46 am - Phenix City, AL
HI Debra,
The first day or two I was advised to not eat anything very heavy for the first 24 hrs but I think that might be more due to the anesthesia than anything else. I wanted NOTHING for about 2 weeks. I had to force myself to get in some protein at first. My appetite started coming back after 2 weeks and now I'm eating normal and maintaining. I'm jus 4.5 weeks out.
Good luck!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

speicallady
on 7/12/09 9:49 am - bronx, NY
hi Phyllis
how as re you doing?
it about 5 weeks for your tt?
how are doing?
are you still tired. 
trying to figure out what to take to the hops ital
with me, I think I will be there for 4 days

thank you
Debra
bamagirlee
on 7/12/09 11:16 am - Phenix City, AL
I'll be 5 weeks out on Wednesday and I'm doing GREAT! I have rested an awful lot and feel up to the challenge of going back to work. I do get a little tired still but I'm sure that will resove itself with time and as I become more active.
Make sure you take something really loose and comfy to wear home from the hospital, and take shoes you can just slip your feet into. Also be sure you have some chap stick. 
Good luck!

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/13/09 5:28 am - Springfield, MA
I had my TT last week and my surgeon recommended several nutrituous meal during the day pretty much the same thing I have been doing since my Gastric Bypass but to be honest with you I haven't been very hungry at all; my boyfriend makes me a low fat milk shake with fresh fruits and is good feels good then I will eat some salad and of course my proteins.  Good luck to you:o)
tonjasm
on 7/13/09 7:38 am - Edmond, OK
One of the biggest shockers for me after my tt (June 23rd) is that my shorts/pants (except for yoga pants) that fit prior to my tt are too tight now because of swelling.  Be prepared for this.  I am 14 pounds down and less some major skin and fat and the darn things do not fit.  So don't let this upset you!  It's life and your body is just healing.  I wasn't upset by it...but just a little shocked...especially with having lost so much weight as well with the surgery.  But I am so thankful and blessed that I don't even care!  Thank God for this surgery!

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Melissa M.
on 7/13/09 2:58 pm, edited 7/13/09 2:59 pm - Seabrook, TX
I wouldn't worry about a diet at this point.  Your body needs all the nourishment and protein it can get to heal well.  Just try to get in as much protein in as possible.  My dr wanted me to take protein bullets with me to the hospital.  I didn't have anything to eat until the morning after surgery and even then it was just a few bites.  Once I got home I just focused on getting in my protein and fruits and veggies even though it was hard.  I didn't eat much about the first week, but then I began to eat better afterwards.  I still drink at least one protein shake a day and I'm about 4 weeks out and eating normally.   Eating well has really paid off because my incision are healing beautifully.

Melissa
Most Active