swelling

Susan F.
on 7/12/09 6:30 am
RNY on 10/12/07 with
I'm 12 days out from an anchor TT.  How long does the swelling last?  Does being up and about cause more swelling?  My mons/public area is really swollen, is this normal? Did anyone use ice for the swelling? I appreciate any answers I can get on these questions.  I go see the Dr. on Tuesday and hopefully will get the last of three drains out.  My surgeon is on vacation for 2 weeks so I won't be seeing him so that is why I'm hoping for answers to my questions from people who have been there. I'm in no pain and very greatful for that.  Thanks!!!

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/12/09 7:04 am - Springfield, MA
Hi Susan; glad to meet you.  I had my TT on Tuesday July 7th, 2009 and my legs are very swollen! I am going to see my surgeon tomorrow for the first pot-op visit in her office.  I wonder what's causing it, I have been walking around the apartment and ventured to the parking lot but I don't think I am overdoing anything.  Anyways I hope you get better soon, good luck to you and please keep posting your progress.

Hugzzz
Susan F.
on 7/12/09 8:41 am
RNY on 10/12/07 with
I'm not having rouble with my legs swelling, yet, but my abs are pretty swollen.  We don't live too far from one another.  I'm in Uncasville, CT.  I've read some on this website and people do say they have swelling for many weeks after surgery.  I guess I'm just impatient because I fee pretty good, and have no pain.  I'm still sleeping on the couch and can't wait to get my last drain out.  I know I need patiences but it is nice to hear how other people are doing and that we are not alone.  Good luck with your recovery and keep posting your progress.

Smiles,

Deb G.
on 7/12/09 9:22 am - Seymour, IN
Hello Susan, I was told that swelling can last up to a year. I am 7 months out and swell sometimes. When I work out I notice it more. It is not as bad as it was in the begining. Just take it one day at a time. Do you still wear your binder? That helps alot. Good Luck.       
Debbie
bamagirlee
on 7/12/09 9:39 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi Susan,
The swelling can last for many months, mine didn't actualy start up until about 10 days out and now at 4.5 weeks out my mons/pubic are is just now starting to get better. It has been the worse swelling I've experienced. It's still pretty swollen but not quite as bad as before. 
I don't know about the ice, I'd ask the Dr about that. 
Good luck! 
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Susan F.
on 7/12/09 11:06 am
RNY on 10/12/07 with
Thanks for answering my questions.  I know everyone is not alike but it helps to hear how other people are doing and how their journey is going.  WE are all not exactly the same but we have a lot of simularities.

trudie74
on 7/13/09 12:05 am - Round Rock, TX
Yes, the swelling can last a year according to what I have heard...but most goes away much earlier...don't ask me when cuz mine hasn't!

I was told NOT to use ice on one of my surgical areas (I had TT, BA, thighs) but I told myself don't use anywhere because I knew I'd forget which one!  It had something to do with slowing blood flow/supply?  Can't remember which area though...so check first.  Binder and getting off your feet is the best way to fix it for me.

Melissa M.
on 7/13/09 2:07 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'm 4 weeks out and haven't noticed too much of a decrease  yet.  I'm am impatiently waiting for the day it goes all away!
Most Active