Anxiety Meds

sanguinarythorn
on 7/11/09 10:02 pm - Newport News, VA
Tomorrow is the day before my TT. I'm so anxious that I'm nauseous and I can't sleep for anything. Does anyone know if it's ok to take a Xanax or something to sleep? I just don't want to take any meds that might have an adverse effect on anesthesia.
inkerdoodles
on 7/11/09 10:48 pm - Schenectady, NY

I would say as long as it's before midnight..... My doc said to take mine before I went to bed. My day is Tuesday.... Good Luck !!!

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

BigCityGirl
on 7/12/09 1:23 am - San Diego, CA

I wouldn't do it unless I cleared it with the anesthesiologist or surgeon. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Renee2007
on 7/12/09 2:14 am - Central, FL
My surgeon prescribed Xanax for me. My instructions were to take one at bedtime the night before surgery and the few remaining to use as needed to aid in sleeping afterwards. The entire prescription was only 10 pills.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/12/09 7:52 am - Springfield, MA
I had my tummy tuck last Tuesday and I had to stop certain meds two weeks before the surgery and I had nothing to drink or eat after midnight the day of the surgery. 

Feeling nervous is normal just try to keep your mind  busy doing something else; a hobby, or just going out for walks with friends.   If you feel too overwhelmed call the doctor just to be on the safe side.  Good luck to you and please let us know how the surgery went.

Hugzzz 
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 2:04 am - AL
I'm on something totally different for anxiety....but if you want something to help you sleep, try to get your Dr. to write you a prescription for Ambien CR.  That'll do it. Just be close to the bed when you take it,  lol.    I just had PS a little over week ago and my surgeon wrote me a prescription for 10 pills. They work great.
EzySpirit
on 7/14/09 12:02 pm - Middle Island, NY
DEFINATELY...clear with DR.  I am having my surgery next tuesday.  I have markings on monday and am asking DR if I can take Ambien nite before.  Also asking if she can give me something for anxiety, should I need it in the am. 

I do not know your spiritual beliefs...but I find it also helps to pray to your Loved ones in Spirit and to call on the Angels to watch over you.  I had my RNY 2 months after my youngest son died.  i was very anxious in the hospital...then a sudden calm came over me and I knew he was with me. 

Best of luck to you~!!

Blessings & HUGS....Dale
Most Active