Question on costs

Mendee M.
on 7/11/09 1:48 am - Mulvane, KS
Hello All,

I am 8 months out RNY and am about 10 pounds from goal. I have just started thinking about plastics, and had a question about costs.

Does plastics costs have anything to do with the amount of skin removed? I guess I should consider myself fortunate because I don't have LARGE amounts of excess skin, but never the less, I still have some and want it gone!

I need just as about everything done, but my arms, thighs, and boobs are my biggest concerns.

I would also like to see what the scars look like on arms and thighs after a year of healing, if anyone would like to share.
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
jonelle32514
on 7/11/09 1:57 am - Pensacola, FL
I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of skin, unless you have so much that additional surgeries are required.  I don't have much skin at all, you can not really tell I am a bypass patient.  But I have quotes for the same amount as anyone else. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Mendee M.
on 7/11/09 3:43 am - Mulvane, KS

Thanks Jonelle! I have people not believe me when I tell them I am a bypass patient all the time. I also got the "your not big enough for surgery" comments before (even though my highest weight was 267). I don't have a lot of skin, but I HATE the wrinkly crepe paper look on my arms and boobs!

~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
jonelle32514
on 7/11/09 4:37 am - Pensacola, FL

my legs are crinkly lol.  My arms aren't that bad.  I have pics on my profile for my friends. I sent those pics to Dr Sauceda and Dr Cardenas  both in Monterrey, Mexico where I am planning to have surgery.  My boobs remind me of Magda from the movie There's Something about Mary lol.  I was given a quote of 12k for an LBL here in FL.  and 10k for thighs and boobs.  I want the gummy bear implants though and my Dr in FL does not do them.  Also, for 13k I can get flight, hotel and all the surgeries done.  

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

BigCityGirl
on 7/11/09 2:59 am - San Diego, CA
There are certain fixed costs, like anesthesia, OR, etc, but my surgeon's fees were determined by the number of hours in surgery.  So, maybe in a small way, the fee might be slightly less if you have less work because that would mean less time.  I wouldn't look for massive savings though.  I didn't need thigh work but my arms are pictured at 8 months postop.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Mendee M.
on 7/11/09 3:38 am - Mulvane, KS
Thanks for the info Donna! Your brach scars look wonderful! I think that was one of my biggest concerns. Your pre-op body looks very similar to mine, so it is great to see your results. I am going to shoot for next spring (when vacation time is replenished) for plastics, but want to start planning finances now. I would love to have a LBL, but just don't know if I can afford it. I am most self conscious about my boobs and arms, then thighs, so plan on that order if I can do all 3. Guess I just need to schedule a few consults!!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/11/09 3:59 am
Not directly - but costs for sugical fees can vary depending on the amount of work involved.  I have had sugeon's fees quoted to me at a little more than regular because of the extent of work involved in correcting my issues. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Kim J.
on 7/13/09 5:36 am - Claremore, OK
Hello, I'm 7 months out and I'm looking into plastics.  I have researched and I found a website that you might not have heard of.  http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/index.php
You can look at before and after pics of plastic surgery.  Its been helpful to me to know what to expect.  I haven't had a consult yet but I did call a Plastic surgeon in Tulsa.  For a Full TT, Full Breast Lift with Aug. and my arms done its around $17,000.  Its a lot of money but I'm going to let that be my "car" payment for the next 5 years!  LOL!
Good Luck

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Mendee M.
on 7/13/09 11:19 am - Mulvane, KS
Thanks Kim- I will take a look. Also, thanks for letting me know what costs you have been quoted. Now I have a general idea for the "Mid-West" Region. I have been to Claremore before. Beautiful part of OK!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Most Active