2 weeks post-op TT&BL

Rachel1219
on 7/10/09 8:36 pm - IL
I'm a little over 2 weeks out and thought I'd update.

I have been pain med free...even tylenol, since 10 days out.

My husband has been home with me for the 2 weeks and goes back to work Monday.  I'm ready to be able to take care of my 3 kids.  I feel like he could have gone back to work a few days ago, but having him for those last few days and this weekend will just make it easier on Monday.

So....for those of you wondering about when to return to work...if I wasn't a mostly stay-at-home mom and had a job I needed to return to, I would feel comfortable returning at this point...about 2 weeks out.  Although I still get rather tired.  I'm anticipating by 3pm after a day with my kids I'll need a nap or just movie/down-time.  And I told my husband when he gets home from work he'll probably have to do all the clean-up from dinner/laundry/etc. still for a while.

I'm out and about...have been for quite some time.  I don't like to stay at home.  I'm not exercise walking or anything, but definitely on my feet, moving, and standing for extended periods of time.

I had my 2 drains removed at 10 days.  Stitches should come out this Tuesday..almost 3 weeks out.  I have a slight area right in the middle of my incision that opened up a bit.  I've been putting neosporin and gauze on it every day and it's healing nicely.  Aside from that, all my incisions are healing great! 

I'm wearing my binder 24/7 aside from showering.  I like it.  I wear a thin tanktop and put the binder over it so it's not right up against my skin. 

I'm sleeping in my own bed propped up with pillows...but am really really really wanting to sleep on my side.  I think I'm getting close to being able to, but I feel pressure when I do try and think that's not a good idea.  Every now and then, when I can't fall asleep right away, I sleep downstairs n my comfy recliner couch and that helps. 

My breasts are doing well....still getting used to the smaller C size but love going braless.  I have a loose sportsbra that I wear and I have a few tanktops with the shelf bras in them.  I'm looking forward to shopping for new bras soon and just cleaned out all my drawers of my old bras that will never fit again!

I'm still feeling wide.  I feel rectangular, like I have no shape, just a flat tummy.  I'm hoping that in the next several months my waist will begin to have definition and I'll have some curves back to me. 

I've lost about 12lbs total since surgery.  I'm hoping that stays off..and more will come?

I can wear all my before clothes, which fit nicely and it confuses me as to how I was able to wear them before with such a tummy.  My shirts all look great!  My pants/skirts still fit but are feeling loose in the waist (yay).  My thighs are still a little swollen so I need the bigger size to get them up over my thighs.  I anticipate by 2 months I'll be down at least a size.

Yesterday was my first day of caffeine since surgery and I'm paying for it.  Slept 3.5 hours and can't go back to bed.  Caffeine really affects me!  It'll be a lazy day today.

-Rachel

Monica B.
on 7/10/09 9:47 pm - Emery, SD

Continued success on your journey. You should be so proud of yourself.

Ansampson
on 7/10/09 11:40 pm
I'm so glad your recovery is going well. Word to the wise please take it slow and easy for a little longer.
trudie74
on 7/10/09 11:42 pm - Round Rock, TX
Thanks for the update...glad you are doing so well.  However, I must say I am most impressed that you held out on caffeine for so long!  I was back on mine day 2 after surgery LOL!!!

workingmommy
on 7/11/09 12:49 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I am so happy that you are recovering so well.  I still have my mom around for help, but at this point its more because I like the company.  I have my little one (almost 5) trained to pick things up for me since I am still not allowed to bend over.  If they are old enough, get those kiddos on board!  I know what you mean about feeling boxey.  I bought a dress with a belt and it sits so weird since I have no waist yet.  I think you are right...we just need more time.  I am also impressed you waited so long for caffeine..I ordered it with my breakfast the morning after my LBL!  I hope you continue to have such a great recovery.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

huskerfan85
on 7/11/09 3:27 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Sounds like you are doing well, I hope you continue to heal quickly and uneventful.
Gayle  6'2" 

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/11/09 4:04 am - Springfield, MA
Thank you Rachel for sharing your experience.  I had my TT on Tuesday July 7th, I am taking meds for the pain but besides that I feel ok.  I was wondering for how long we need to use the binder? I would have to ask my surgeon on Monday but was wondering for how long you have to use yours.  Congrats! and keep on posting.   Happy Weekend!
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/11/09 4:10 am
Hey lady!  Continue to take it easy - even though you THINK you feel pretty alright - you really aren't.  I have done about as well as you have and went back to work at 2.5 weeks - BIG mistake. 

Be careful and watch the incisions under your breasts - I didn't think about them and have had issues with them healing - just my tip for you.

Take care! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

kendralynn
on 7/12/09 3:36 am - IA
Thank You for posting! I am trying to get my p.s. scheduled ASAP because I am a teacher and go back to work late August. I was worried I wouldn't be ready to return, but if you say 2 weeks that is encouraging. I'm still worried about the long sleeve compression suit since it will be so hot in August and I don't want to tell all of my co-workers (Im having my arms done too) But if I have to I will! Happy recovery! BEST WISHES....~k
~K
Open RNY 7-27-04   
-180 Lbs.
Most Active