Compression Garment for the Mons Area?

Cindy C.
on 7/10/09 3:43 am
I had TT on 04/27 and I still wear my binder at night and some during the day when I am home.  It helps the swelling soooo much.  But, I still tend to have swelling in the mons (pubic) area.  Is there something I can buy to compress that area?  I prefer to have something that would replace my binder too. 

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

liz73
on 7/10/09 4:40 am
Hi Cindy,

My sister brought me some 8x10 surgical dressing pads that were too big for anything really.  So the other night I folded it over on itself a few times so that it's like a ginormous maxi pad and stuck it under the strap that kinda goes horizontal across my upper mons area. There must be something out there better  but this seems to be doing the trick. Hope that makes sense.

-liz
Jessie-F
on 7/10/09 11:12 pm
What about Spanx? The slim cognito highwaisted underwear (not the thigh lenth one, its crotchless) , it has that tight stretchy material even on the crotch area. Check out makemeheal.com, I think someone mentioned on their blog about having specific items for this problem. I too am bothered by this but am only 12 days postop, I can't do much about it yet.
Jessie-F
on 7/12/09 3:55 am
V-Brace.Found this contraption googling. It's a pelvic compression garment used for gyno surgeries.
Cindy C.
on 7/13/09 4:30 am
Thank you Jessie.  Either one may do the trick.  I hate the swelling in the mons area.  I look deformed!  lol

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Most Active