?? for those that have had a tt

ericas623
on 7/10/09 1:53 pm - Roseville, MI
It's me again!!  I have a few questions.  Is it normal to feel really tight in the abdominal area?  I feel like I am wearing my binder when I am not.  Also, I still have 2 drains in.  One is normal, the other is like a brownish color and instead of red wormy things they are now whitish.  Is that normal?  Other than that, I am doing well.  Cannot wait until the drains are gone.  They are a pain.  They burn!!  I did follow everyone's advice.  I put gauze under them and taped them up so they do not move.  That has helped me greatly!!

Erica
MelissaF
on 7/10/09 1:56 pm - Northwood, IA
Did you have the anchor cut? If so, I have heard many ppl say they feel like they are wearing a corset.  I felt tight but not to the point of feeling like a corset, just felt it more getting in and out of bed.. soreness.  I think that is more with the anchor honestly.  And the brownish color is good.. its older blood and sanguenous fluid releasing (yellow stuff)... nothing wrong with that color at all, I had it too and many of my patients do before their drains come out and whitish wormies are prob fine too... I had white and red.  I think u are fine :)  When they suspect they will come out of have they said?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

ericas623
on 7/10/09 2:01 pm - Roseville, MI
Thanks for responding so fast.  Yes, I did have the anchor cut.  I did have one drain out on tuesday.  The others he said will be this coming tuesday.  I so hope for that!!  They are a pain in the you know what!!

Erica
MelissaF
on 7/10/09 2:02 pm - Northwood, IA
Yes they are.. u will feel so much better when they are all out!  More human! The burning.. ugh, I hated that.  
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

trudie74
on 7/10/09 11:45 pm - Round Rock, TX
Hijack!  Nice new avie Melissa!  You 2 look so cute...

I felt tight like that also for the first 2 weeks...not as much now.  I think it is fairly normal.

MelissaF
on 7/11/09 5:27 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks Trudie! :-)  Have a great weekend!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/09 2:19 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Totally normal. We all have abs of steel now!
Melissa M.
on 7/10/09 2:54 pm - Seabrook, TX
I have the anchor cut and don't feel overly tight.  The tight feeling has gotten better as time has passed so I think it will get better the further out we get.  Also, I think the tightness comes from the muscle tightening because most people do feel tightness to a certain degree anchor cut or not.  Also, it depends on how tight the surgeon stitches the muscles together as well.  Dr Lomonaco told me that he doesn't tighten the muscles as much on someone who plans on having children in the future.  He also told me that sometimes the upper muscles get tightened more than the ones in the lower abs to allow for more of a waist contour. 
Renee2007
on 7/10/09 11:38 pm - Central, FL
I had the anchor cut and I am tight also. I can take my binder off and it honestly feels like I still have it on. The soreness is starting to ease more and more each day but I'm still very taut. It feels like I'm sucking my tummy in 24/7. It's not painful just an odd feeling.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Ansampson
on 7/10/09 11:44 pm
I'm five weeks pot-op and I still feel tight but not as tight as I first did after surgery. It does get better over time. You will feel so much better when you have those drains removed. I had two of mine's for 18 days and yes they were a pain. Good luck to you
Most Active