Breast Reduction

sweetbabi
on 7/9/09 1:50 pm - Haines City, FL
Well, my PCM put in a referral for a reduction and my consultation is approved. I have to call the PS office on Monday to schedule my consultation. I have my list of questions, but are there any suggestions for questions that maybe I haven't thought of? I've researched this for many years. 10 years ago I had a consult, but the surgeon advised me to wait if I wanted to lose weight and/or have more kids. I've lost the weight and I can't have anymore kids so now is the time. LOL Also, I'd love to hear others experiences as well. TIA

islander
on 7/9/09 10:53 pm - Middletown, RI
It's a relatively common surgery so you should not anticipate any problems.  I LOVE it!  Mine was extended on the sides & I still can feel the healing going on after 5 mos.  Still some slight swelling, I think.

What an immediate relief I felt on my neck, shoulders, & back.  I went from an uncomfortable 38F to a 36D.  I can wear a bra or not, but the compression still feels good. 

Heavenly surgery.  The recovery isn't bad, I just kept with the protocol & stayed on painkillers at night for awhile as the nerves were regenerating & I kept getting zapped.  Still get them sometimes.  I'm still doing stretches go loosen everything up & get rid of some of the stiffness in my pecs.

Best thing that I ever did for myself!  No one really notices except that you look somewhat different & better.  Clothes now are a pleasure to try on & actually fit my entire body rather than just my chest.  I should have had this done years ago, but the whole thing sounded rather creepy.  Well, it wasn't.  The only scars that you can actually see on me are the side extensions.  I don't know how the surgeon actually put me back together, but he did one heckuva job!

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/09 9:09 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I had a breast reduction and lift done this past Nov.  It was the single best thing I've done for myself in years!  I'm thrilled with the results!
I went from a 46/48 DDD (depending on the style/brand) to a 36C (no implants).  I have not had a single day of back pain or neck pain since getting rid of all that excess tissue, skin, etc.  I used to be in a lot of back, neck, shoulder pain after standing for more than 30 mins....now I can stand for hours and hours and feel nothing.  It's wonderful.  PLUS I love the way the new girls look.    Took a little getting used to them being so much smaller and so "perky" but I couldn't be happier!  My surgeon was great and I really had no pain or bad experiences with it.  

Hope that helps........feel free to ask me questions if you want more info.
TTFN
Ruth
sweetbabi
on 7/10/09 12:33 pm - Haines City, FL
Thank you both so much for your replies. I have a lot of pain in my lower back and neck, so I'm happy to hear that it really does help with that.

Most Active