Update on Jasmine

oceanwave2
on 7/9/09 6:02 am - Clayton, NC
Hey skinny girls club.

Just a quick little update.  Well I still have my drain in.  As some of you know I had an anchor TT/BL on 5/29.  My first two drain were in my mons area and they were taken out on day ten with both of them draining less than 30ccs.  Well then the swelling in the mons area starte again.  It was drained twice with a needle. Then on 6/23 I got a new drain put in.  It is still draining about 50ccs a day.  I see my surgeon on Monday july 13th.  I am a little concerned because at our last visit he notice 4 hematoma spots on my  mons area along with the fluid.  This really concerns me because I am suppose to be returning to work Aug. 1st.  My job is very high stressed and I am the type that just goes till I drop.  I am just very worried and concerned.

Any advice would be great.  especially about extending short term disability. I have 13 weeks per year and have only used six.

thanks,

Jasmine
Cindy F.
on 7/9/09 6:44 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Sorry not have surgery yet to be able to help you.  But thinking healing positive thoughts for you.  silly question I know what is the mons area?  LOL

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Jupiter6
on 7/9/09 7:49 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
That'd be yer hoo-ha, Cindy. ;)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Cindy F.
on 7/9/09 8:06 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
thanks get it now. 

LOL

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Melissa M.
on 7/9/09 7:59 am - Seabrook, TX
You still have a few weeks left so hopefully this will get resolved by then for the most part.  I think you should be able to get that drain out by then too.  I know there have been a few people who have had to go back to work with drains in.  Not sure how they hid them though.  At least you have some weeks left to use should you need them.

Wishing you a quick recovery!
Melissa
vickie O.
on 7/9/09 8:12 am - amarillo, TX
hope ur drain comes out soon and the hematoma spots clear up.  good luck to you and try not to stress out, it slows the healing process. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Ansampson
on 7/9/09 9:51 am
Jasmine you are about a week ahead of me post-op. Trust me when I tell you I understand how you are feeling. I'm dealing with a seroma and it's draining through my belloy button for the second time. I have to go back to work briefly on the 27th and 28th of this month. So I know your fears. However, I want to suggest that you not worry about it for another week or two. Then if needed extend your time off. The stress can't help you as your body heals. I'm sending positive vibes your way. Remember this too shall pass and you are not alone.
Most Active