Tummy Tuck Question

dw45
on 7/9/09 12:14 pm - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Are better results achieved with the Anchor Cut versus the standard across the lower stomach cut?  Just curious on which is the better one?

Thanks!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

ericas623
on 7/9/09 1:07 pm - Roseville, MI
I think it all depends on where your skin hangs.  My doc didn't decide to do the anchor until I was under (we discussed it prior).  He wasn't sure if I had enough skin hanging on the sides to warrant it.  He ended up doing it, because he knew I wanted the best results for me.  I do not care about the scar either.  I think you should discuss this with your doc to see if it would be good for you.

I also had more skin above the belly button than below it.  He said it would help with that as well.  It was the thick skin too.  I thought it was fat too.  He assured it was skin. 

Erica
dw45
on 7/9/09 1:28 pm - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Thanks for your reply.

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

islander
on 7/9/09 10:56 pm - Middletown, RI
Yes, discuss it with your surgeon.  I didn't have the much loose skin above the belly button so no anchor really necessary.  It depends on the amount of looseness & where- above or below the button. 

bamagirlee
on 7/10/09 7:34 am - Phenix City, AL
I totally agree with Erica. My Dr was not sure he was going to do the anchor either until the time of surgery. I had a lot of upper belly fat and the anchor gave me the best result. I would discuss with your Dr and make sure he understands that you are OK with having that scar. Mine was hesitant to do the anchor because of the scar until I assured him I'd rather have the scar and less belly fat! I assured him that this body ain't gonna be looking for no bikini! LOL  
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Most Active