7 mos out and some questions still

Nicole0216
on 7/9/09 10:20 am - Lancaster, PA
7 ,mos out from tummy tuck and breast lift.
I still have some swelling and cannot feel parts of my stomach
is this usual?
Also I have lots of scar tissue at my internal stoma*****isions.
does this go away?
jestover
on 7/9/09 1:11 pm
RNY on 07/13/09 with
hi,
just read you message and thought that i would apply to atleast half of it that i know. the numbenss is normal and you may always have it. i have numbness in my abd from a previous c-section and the dr. said it might never go away. it has gotten better though but still very numb under my bellybutton. at 7month out i would say it's probably as good as it's gonna get probably not what you wanted to here but at least you have a beautiful belly now!
erin
Honeyblonde
on 7/9/09 9:53 pm - MN
Hi!  I'm 7 months out from a LBL and I still have swelling daily and definitely a lot of numbness.  The worst part is when an area itches around that area, and I scratch it, but it's not really scratching the itch because the itch appears to be on the inside.  Hard to explain!

So, yes, I think the swelling and numbness is normal.  I think I heard that the swelling can last up to a year, and some of the numbness may never go away.

I don't know about the scar tissue.  I don't think it just goes away.

~  BJ

boomer65
on 7/9/09 10:23 pm
Nicole,

I'm just at 6 months out from my TT and BL/BA and still have numbness in my lower belly and I was told it may never come back.  I still swell, not nearly as much as I used to, but if I'm too active it definitely swells a little bit.  Again, I've heard that up to a year out it could still swell.  What's weird is that some days my tummy is totally flat and then all of a sudden it's swollen - WTH?!

As for the BL/BA I have full sensation on one side, but absolutely none on the other side.  Not sure if that's ever going to come back.

Hang in there and be happy with your mostly flat tummy and perky girls.

Franci

islander
on 7/9/09 11:00 pm - Middletown, RI
Thanks for asking the question because I've been wondering also.  Still some lower abdominal swelling which can drive me crazy.  Still some numbness near the belly button.  Scar is red/pink at this point with some thickness & some just gone.

Always nice to know that we're all normal.  Looks great though!  People know that I am different, but can't quite figure it out- just have I lost some weight because I look SO good!  LOL!!!

Nicole0216
on 7/9/09 11:10 pm - Lancaster, PA
the weirdest part for me is that I gained weight and now wear a larger sized pants because now I have hips. I have a pudge still for a belly which is ok,. the thing that drives me the most crazy is the scar tissue inside I can feel it and is very distracting and uncomfortable
Belle6926
on 7/9/09 11:50 pm
My friend had a tummy tuck more than 10 years ago... she still has abdominal swelling... and the scars just got lighter... she still wears a "girdle"... I know that with other surgeries... because of nerve endings.. the numbness can last up to 2 years or never go away... and it's got alot to do with how the surgeon did the surgery.. my friend's abdominal fold was half way down her thighs... the surgery made her look like a different person.

Most Active