Brachioplasty .....3 months out

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/09 7:56 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HI!
I had a brachioplasty done just over 3 months ago.  I have a strange thing happening and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this.

I recall back around week 4 or so when the nerves started to come to life around the incision area I felt a burning sensation....it only lasted about 10 days.

Now for the last week or so I get a strong stinging sensation on the under side and back side of the arm (not the incision area).  Those two areas are VERY sensitive to touch......even a shirt with a sleeve touching it hurts.  It's like this area is hyper sensitive.  Odd thing is it's only happening with the one arm.

Has anyone had anything similar?  Even is not with the arm......I'm just wondering if it's typical for the healing process (I did recall having this happen after I had my boobs done)

Thanks in advance for the input.
Ruth
Lois G.
on 7/9/09 8:36 am - Ashland, PA
Hello.........I had my arms done one year ago this past april, my one arm still has hardly any feeling in it, plus when you touch it, it has that feeling your describing....weird................I was told that it is the nerves that were touched and moved around...also you are very early out three months.............I know it feels like forever................but I will pray that you heal fast....I may need a revision on mine, may do that upon getting a corset plastic surgery done, they will just reopen the scars and tighten everything up....but considering what I had before, they are wonderful.
Lois
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/09 10:18 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm going for a revision in a few weeks myself......
Mine are better than they were but the Surgeon agreed he left a bit too much on there so he's going to do a revision and make them smaller (also doing some lipo on them).

Best wishes with all your surgeries to come.....

Ruth
Ansampson
on 7/9/09 9:56 am
Ruth I'm five weeks post-op today and I noticed for the past week or so my left arm has been burning. Everything seems to irriate it. I thought it was from the tape burning my skin but I haven't used in tape in over three weeks. The nurse at my doc' s office said it was caused from my arm rubbing (against the unknown). I've been putting creams on it to sooth it but that doesn't really help. Hope we both begin to feel better soon or that this burning feeling doesn't last much longer.
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/09 10:19 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks!
Hope you feel better soon too!!
Most Active