How long were you FORCED to wear your binder?

trudie74
on 7/8/09 1:13 pm - Round Rock, TX
I know many of you followed the heavy duty post-surgical kind up with something lighter like Flexees or Spanx just because you swell or feel better with it on sometimes.  But, how many weeks until you were told by your doc that it was ok to not wear it?  I just want to know I have the luxury of not wearing it sometimes, even if I choose to others!  Mine said 4-6 weeks.  is that about average?

O. Kufi
on 7/8/09 1:20 pm
My surgeon said 6 weeks.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

huskerfan85
on 7/8/09 1:39 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
I have not actually asked that question of my doctor as he is on vacation, but his assistant said to wear it during the day, and take it off to sleep, that was yesterday, one day shy of 3 weeks out.  I will also be wearing it when I fly to California this Sunday, and will wear it there as I will be sitting in meetings all day.  When I sit I swell......

The doctor did tell my mom he was going to leave it up to me as to how long I have to wear it.  I am comfortable in it, just HOT!!

Gayle  6'2" 

Bonnie M
on 7/8/09 1:43 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
8 weeks
MelissaF
on 7/8/09 1:50 pm - Northwood, IA
3 months.  I am scared to go without it yet.  I haven't taken mine off more than to shower so far.  
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

trudie74
on 7/8/09 1:54 pm - Round Rock, TX
OMG Melissa don't make me cry!  It is freaking 105 degrees here!!!!!!

I was hoping you'd all say 4 weeks instead of the longer 6 weeks lol...every time my surgeon gives me a predicted time frame he always really meant the end of that window, so I am guessing 6 weeks:( 

Was hoping you guys had gotten great results without it sticking around so long!

Jupiter6
on 7/8/09 1:55 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I don't *have to* wear any compression wear-- I watch my body and wear what feels right for as long as I can tolerate it.

At 2 weeks out (see signature for details) I am wearing just the velcro binder and have both arms wrapped in ace bandages, with clean socks at the top in my armpits because the adhesive in them causes them to stick to themselves, which hurts.... but earlier today had on a sports bra, and yesterday wore my compression garment w/sleeves. I switch it up a lot, actually.

I can't physically wear my compression girdle yet-- the pouches on my ass (full of fluid) are HUGE.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jessica H.
on 7/8/09 2:43 pm - Johnson City, TN
My doc said I didn't have to wear anything at my 3 week appointment.  I told her I had bought several compression garments and her words were, "If that helps you feel comfortable."  She said it would help with the swelling some but wouldn't take it away all together.  I'm wearing something 24/7.  Usually not the binder though unless I'm really swollen.  Maybe my instructions were so different because my regular surgeon did mine rather than a plastic surgeon?

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

workingmommy
on 7/8/09 2:59 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I actually love to wear mine..I love the support.  I am still wearing the velcro binder I had on out of surgery.  When thing 1 and thing 2 (the drains) come out next week, I will get a bigger binder to wear for a minimum of 4-6 wks.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Melissa M.
on 7/8/09 3:30 pm - Seabrook, TX
My dr said 6 weeks.  He said it helps keep the swelling down and allow for better shaping.  We'll see what he says I can wear after that at my next appointment.
Most Active