Silly Question...Don't Hit Me!

ColoradoHusker
on 7/8/09 6:16 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Okay, this is probably a question that fits into the "if you don't know that, you're not ready for surgery" questions...I hope it's not right up there with the MB question of an few days post-op who asked if she could eat a KFC mashed potato bowl from long ago!!!

So...I see lots of people distinguishing between a tummy tuck (TT) and lower body lift (LBL) as in they are having both procedures.  Why?  What's the difference - or maybe better phrased is, doesn't a LBL include a TT?

I guess I lump it all together because in my quote from my PS, it's all put together as one procedure on paper.  It includes a TT (anchor cut, I believe), muscle tightening, butt auto augmentation (which would of course include the circum. cut), and pulling the whole lower body up.  Then also at the same time would be a thigh lift.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
Jana
Melissa M.
on 7/8/09 6:48 am - Seabrook, TX
Yes it does include the TT.  I've often wondered why people separate the TT from the LBL myself.  I haven't heard of anyone having the LBL without the muscle tightening.  There are rare occasions where sometimes a surgeon does not have to do the muscle tightening once they are in there because that person's muscles are already tight as it is.  I don't think a surgeon really knows that ahead of time until he sees it.  Not everyone opts to get the anchor cut so that is unique to the person.  Butt auto augmentation is normally not included in the LBL either.   I did get it however because I knew that is what I wanted since I definitely didn't want to have a flat butt!Melissa
ColoradoHusker
on 7/8/09 8:23 am, edited 7/8/09 8:24 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Melissa -

If you don't mind me asking - how much pain am I in for since I'm having the butt auto-augmentation, too?  I was thinking about this and jeez, not only will my front hurt from the TT, not to mention the lower back and sides from the LBL, but my butt, too???  How in the world do you find a comfortable position to sit, let alone sleep?  Then there will be my thighs, too.  Guess I could just hang by my ankles, but my boobs would end up in my ears!  But that's a whole 'nother surgery and probably talk show! LOL

Jana

ETA:  Oh, I understand the flat butt - I told my PS that my butt is almost conCAVE.  He said, "No, you mean conVEX."  I replied, "No, no - I do mean conCAVE."  When he examined me, his comment, "Oh...oh...I see...hmmm...well - we'll see if we can help that!" LOL
Melissa M.
on 7/8/09 3:27 pm - Seabrook, TX
Surprisingly my backside didn't hurt too bad.  I think I hurt more from laying on my butt for so long without moving.  I really expected more pain from my back incision but I didn't.  The butt auto aug felt more wierd than anything.  It feels like you have little pillows or pads in each of your butt (which technically you do) but you can't feel it because it's all numb.  They are just now starting to feel a little more natural but I guess that is because the feeling is coming back.  You feel numb anyways but that little area is especially numb.  I don't know how long it will be before all the feeling returns but I'd much rather be numb than have a flat butt!

Most of the pain came from the muscle tightening no doubt.  I think the back incision ached (not painful) for a about 3 days and then it was all better.  I was pretty much pain free after a week then I was just sore in the front.  Now I'm moving around almost like I never had surgery!
inkerdoodles
on 7/8/09 7:48 am - Schenectady, NY

The LBL includes a tummy tuck but the tummy tuck does not include everything that the LBL does... if that makes any sense.....

The LBL is sometimes also called a circumfrential abdominoplasty because it goes entirely arournd.... thereas the tummy tuck is just your front abdominals...

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

ColoradoHusker
on 7/8/09 8:31 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks, Lisa, that does make sense!  Just like while there is technically some thigh work done in a LBL in that the upper thighs get pulled up, it's not the same as a thigh lift.  So I am having a LBL that includes a TT, a separate thigh lift and a butt auto-augmentation.  Then in a separate surgery I will have my breasts lifted and an extended arm lift.  And then, just in case you couldn't guess yourself, I'll be flat a** broke, but with a perky butt!

Thanks!
Jana
Most Active