Post Surgery Binders..Where???

ArielSanders
on 7/8/09 9:36 am - houston, TX
 Where can I find post surgery binders? Upperbody Lift with Arm Lift and Thigh reduction?? Thanks All.
Reggaesue
on 7/8/09 9:52 am - Brooklyn, NY
Won't your surgeon provide these?
Suzanne

ArielSanders
on 7/8/09 9:57 am - houston, TX
 Yeah but his are really expensive. Example, I 4 weeks ago had a LBL and the binder he charged 100 dollars, I look online and its 22 dollars....400 percent markup..SO for my next leg I'm buying my own.
Beam me up Scottie
on 7/8/09 10:16 am
whose your surgeon? thats insane!!! My surgeon gave me the binders i needed and when i wanted an extra one, she sold it to me at cost.
huskerfan85
on 7/8/09 11:13 am, edited 7/8/09 11:13 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Wow  I must say that your surgeon is out for money....I had my first one just thrown away and replaced as it was the wrong size, then when I asked how much a second one was I was told $39.00.  Online I say the same thing and they were $70-100.  Hope you find something that will work for you that you can afford.

Gayle  6'2" 

Melissa M.
on 7/8/09 1:41 pm - Seabrook, TX
We had our surgery at a medical school so I doubt they are out to make any money.  The entire surgeon's fee goes back to the school.  The LBL w/anchor cut was a little over $6k.  Most of it was OR, anesthesia, and overnight hospital stay.  Surgeon's fee was like $1500 or so.  I'm just guessing they like to use a better quality or at least a more expensive brand. 
O. Kufi
on 7/8/09 12:31 pm, edited 7/8/09 12:31 pm
Hi Ariel
Wow that is a crazy mark up. My surgeon provided me mine and I paid his cost for extra but the garments he uses are a bit pricey. Have you tried the Make Me Heal site, they have some on there and also on Ebay. Before I found out my surgeon provided the garments I was looking on both of those sites and remember some were quite reasonable.

You look great too by the way. I hope your recovery is going well. I had my second round of surgery last week Tuesday. I am resting in lovely Monterrey.

**Smooches**

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Melissa M.
on 7/8/09 12:54 pm, edited 7/8/09 12:58 pm - Seabrook, TX
The cost is included in most surgeon fees so I don't think it's free.  They just don't tell you.  I bought one on my own and it was $100 too.  A lot depends on the quality I'm sure.  Where did you find the $22 one??

As far as binders are concerned you can find those at some medical supply stores.  I don't think you need binders though because those wrap around your stomach. 

Here are some websites you can try:

contourmd.com
marenagroup.com
designveronique.com

How are you feeling these days? I'm actually feeling close to normal now at 3 weeks out.

Melissa
Most Active