Panni advice

Glenda G.
on 7/8/09 12:16 am - Bakersfield, CA
I am scheduled for a panni on July 20th. I was wondering what the average time for just that was for people. My insurance is just covering that not a TT. My mother is not going to be coming to help me after surgery and my DBF may be out of town so I may be alone after I get home. Do most ppl have drains after the panni and how long before able to drive? I have heard it is pretty painful?
Thanks for any previous experience..I will be posting before and after pics for anyone interested. If anyone has any I would love to see them.
HW 237/SW 224/CW 146.2/GW 120-Hate posting current weight but need to be accountable :(

MelissaF
on 7/8/09 12:53 am - Northwood, IA
The worst part about a TT is the muscle tightening.. the incision itself was nothing for me.  You won't be having any muscle tightening if you are doing just a panni.  I think u will be fine.  Usually there are two drains for a panni from what I hear and read and in my support grp that I lead.  You will be so glad you did it!! 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

islander
on 7/8/09 1:28 am - Middletown, RI
No problems when I ret'd home.  No driving until you are not taking painkillers during the day.  No, not much pain, really.  Uncomfortable- often.  Use those meds!

Stock up on quick & easy meals- include protein shakes.  Have some comfortable clothes that are too big for you now, inc. underwear.

That's it, really.  Oh, and laxatives.  Have some & use everytime you take a painkiller.  You'll be just fine & what a relief to get rid of that belly!  Your center of gravity will change.  It left me a bit off balance for awhile.

My biggest concern was lack of energy.  It took awhile before it returned.  So be a couch potato! 

Shirley H.
on 7/8/09 7:49 am - Bradenton, FL
hello well I had a hernia repair and a panni done on 5/28/ and can i please tell u it was the worst I have ever been through pain wise! And I have had 3 c-sections and gall bladder and my RNY!
I made the mistake and did not take enough  stool softeners!!!! bad mistake!
please look at my pictures! i am going to post more today!!!!!   I really could not have went back to work til the 5th week it really took the wind out of me but I did have a mass of hernia repaired and some actually taken out because it had made a tunnel to my belly botton core it ate it away so I did have to have some muscle tightning done also because of the damage done by the hernia!!!! but send me any questions you need to ask I will be happy to answer if I can !!!  I had 11 pounds removed went from size 12-14 to 8-10 so I really am happy lost my gut and I would do it all over again !!!!
shirley
dmoore1162
on 7/8/09 9:14 am
For me the worst part was the drains.  They were a pain.  I basically went 10 days in pajama pants with no underwear.   My sister had the best idea regarding underwear - men's boxer shorts.  My drains came out of my "mound".  Traditional women's underwear did not cut it.  You can take the drains right out the fly and pin them to the underwears waist band. 

I was driving very short distances the week following my surgery.  I basically quit taking vicodin after day 6.  Except at night.    My doctor told me I should not be left alone for 48 hours.  Maybe there is someone else you can stay with or can come stay with you.

Delores Moore
it's never too late

Veronnie
on 7/8/09 9:29 am - Castro Valley, CA
LOL "mound". Mine did too. Drains were the worst! Not painful, but a few tweaks here and there, slow alking, adjusting all the time.

I am almost 4 weeks post panni myself and i am back at work, wearing tight jeans, up and down. Still having a little hard time standing completely straight, but working on it.

H: 6'2; HW: 440; WLS: 411; Dr. Goal: 220; LW: 206; CW: 283; RNY: 10/15/07; Panni: 6/12/09; Blind Loop: 8/19/19

Most Active