Drain question about my TT today!

Reggaesue
on 7/8/09 12:42 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Had my TT today!  Came home this afternoon and I feel good!

One drain is collecting so much fluid.....the other was producing a litte and now a few hours later nothing!

Is this normal?   Will it begin to collect fluid again?  Should I be concerned? Should I call the Dr. in the A.M.?

HELP!
Suzanne

huskerfan85
on 7/8/09 12:57 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Mine in my thighs did that, one time I would get over 30ccs and the nex time less than 5.  Oddly enough it was not always on the same side.  I had my drains taken out on day 10 after surgery, the same day I had the stitches out.
Gayle  6'2" 

MSHAMO
on 7/8/09 12:58 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI

First of all, CONGRATS on your surgery!! All drains are different, but on the first day, I would say that for one to have nothing is strange. Are you stripping your lines and does the bulb have suction! When you empty the drain, you have to push all of the air out of the bulb, that's what creates the suction. Good luck, if it's not draining, yes, you should call your Dr's office. Also, don't forget to take your stool softeners, that was my biggest problem!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
O. Kufi
on 7/8/09 1:00 pm
Very normal. Mine were and are the same way. They will pretty much all drain different amounts.  I had seven on my first surgery and they came out on 4 different days due to the amount of drainage.

I have\had 4 with this surgery and I had 2 out for several days and I still have the other two and one drains twice as much as the other.

Breathe....unless you are filling up the drain you are good.

I am glad you are felling good after surgery, continued speedy recovery!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Cindy F.
on 7/9/09 4:58 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Congratulations on your surgery!!!!  Can't help you with drain question because mine is scheduled for Oct. 5.  But want all details when you feel better.

Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Hugs and kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Most Active