Dr visit...

huskerfan85
on 7/7/09 1:56 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Had to go to the doctor today as I thought I had broken open an incision.  Good news is no I did not, just  little drainage seeping out.  She did say I was healing very well, and could have a reprieve from the garment at night.  I am to sleep without it so the incisions can get some air.
Gayle  6'2" 

DEBI R.
on 7/7/09 6:16 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Glad to hear you're healing well and no open incisions. I still wear my binder when I sleep I feel funny without it, I don't like the tightness I feel. During the day I wear a shaper/girdle.

I bet it's a lot cooler without the garment on your legs though.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

huskerfan85
on 7/8/09 12:31 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Debi, yes it was so much cooler to sleep without the garment.  I also slept better.  I did have some swelling this morning, but not sure if it was left over from yesterday or what....I did not drink like I should have yesterday and had huge ankles last night when I went to bed....they are a little better this morning so who knows.  Just know I will have a water bottle glued to me today!
Gayle  6'2" 

DEBI R.
on 7/8/09 3:30 am - CORSICANA, TX
I'm 3 months post op and I still swell some. My binder makes me hot too but I feel strange without it. I tried to go without it a couple of times and it felt like I was going to pop open. I'll be so glad when the tightness is gone and I can stop wearing it.

I guess I'm lucky I've always drank alot of water so I don't have a problem getting at least 80 ozs everyday. Be sure to drink lots of fluids you don't want to get dehydrated as hot as it is right now.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

trudie74
on 7/8/09 12:32 am - Round Rock, TX
Oh how I dream of the days when I can be garment free!  I feel so awkward and exposed without it on, but I anxiously await a time when I feel "normal" without it.  I am glad it wasn't bad news and hope your nights are restful!

Dawn B.
on 7/8/09 8:48 am - Smyrna, DE
Hi Gayle, I've been away but I just caught up on all your posts. I am so happy things are going well for you and thank you for posting the pictures. Now i want the surgery even more. Did it take a long time from your consultation to your surgery? I can't believe you are already going to travel! I am so happy for you the pics look great.
huskerfan85
on 7/8/09 9:17 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I had my initial consult on Feb 3, 2009.  I was approved by insurance April 8, 2009.  I chose to have my surgery Jue 17, 2009 so that my mom could be here and also I am a teacher so have the summer off..sort of.  LOL
Gayle  6'2" 

Cindy F.
on 7/9/09 6:46 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Good news that you did not break open the incision.  wow scary. 

You must feel so free at night.  Enjoy.  and continue to recover quickly!!!

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Most Active