HOLY MOLY, I was approved!!

MultiMom
on 7/7/09 6:21 am - NH
I had my consult visit with my PS about 3 weeks ago for a panni removal and BA. I couldn't wait anymore so I called my insurance company to find out where the approval for the panni was at. I have been approved!!! I haven't had any rashes, but have lost over 100 pounds and have whatever the required 'hang" is. The flapping when exercising is just not fun....

Now I am just waiting for a date and the price on the BA to be done at the same time. WOO HOO!!! (I hope I can afford it ). Any cost estimates from you veterans?

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

dmoore1162
on 7/7/09 8:54 am
Congrats on the Panni - no idea on the BA.  I only had the abdominalplasty.

Delores Moore
it's never too late

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/7/09 9:54 am
Congrats to you!  I had my TT paid by insurance and did a BL (no implants) on my own dime, at the same time - I paid 5K in surgeon's fees and $1675 for the extra OR time.

Good luck to you!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

O. Kufi
on 7/7/09 1:50 pm
Woo Hoo x 2 Dont have an answer for but I did want to celebrate with you.

Congratulations for having your insurance kick in to pay for the panni removal!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

huskerfan85
on 7/7/09 1:57 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
CONGRATS!!!
Gayle  6'2" 

DEBI R.
on 7/7/09 6:38 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Congratulations!!

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

dalybenitez27
on 7/7/09 10:31 pm - Orlando, FL
I would check around and see if there are any surgical resident programs in your area.  I too am having to pay out of pocket for procedures and I found the USF surgical residents program.  The surgeries are performed by a senior resident (his or her last year before they graduate) while supervised by a board certified plastic surgeron.  The surgeons fees are 50% of the normal cost.  The difference in price is huge.  I am paying $3600 total for an arm lift.  This price includes all fees.
Sally W.
on 7/7/09 11:36 pm - IA
Congrats!  How exciting for you!!!! I had my consult on 6/8 and the doctor didn't submit until 6/18.  Still waiting on insurance approval.  Going for panni and brachial.  
Sally
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/09 7:52 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
CONGRATS!
Would you mind sharing how you got the approval as I have no rashes too but all this skin flying all over the place sure makes exercise harder........sweating in the folds is not fun either (sorry tmi).

Thanks
Ruth
MultiMom
on 7/8/09 10:04 am - NH
Hi Ruth,

The PS office took pictures and sent them in to my insurance with the request. I don't know much more than that what was done. During an informational session at a support group meeting the PS said that a rash wasn't always needed if the weight loss was over 100 pounds and the skin hung a certain amount. Mine isn't more than 2 or 3 inches. I was surprised as well to be approved.

I did tell them that it does bother me in exercise and daily life in general. Back problems are also associated for many people.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active