plastic surgery

queenie1
on 7/7/09 1:09 pm

I HAD RNY IN MID MARCH, I HAVE LOST 70 POUNDS SO FAR.
MY QUESTION IS DOES INSURANCE EVER PAY FOR PLASTIC SURGERY?
I KNOW I WILL NEED MY ARMS DONE CAUSE I HAVE BAT WINGS ALREADY AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET MY TUMMY DONE ALSO.
SO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS EVER A MEDICAL REASON FOR INSURANCE TO PAY?
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

ericas623
on 7/7/09 1:21 pm - Roseville, MI
Every insurance company is different.  You should call yours to se what they say.  Mine covered my tt.  The only requirement was to be out 1 year or more from surgery and a 100 pound weight loss.

Erica
inkerdoodles
on 7/7/09 8:19 pm - Schenectady, NY

yes.... every single insurance company and plan is different. you will need to call you insurance company to verify their requirements and what is/ isn't excluded under your particular benefit plan....

mine required.... 18 mo postop... 6 mo documented weight stabilization... minimum 100 lbs weight loss and..... 3-6 mo documented antibiotic 'resistant' rashes..... that's what I was missing.. my rashes were not resistant.. so needless to say I'm self paying for my LBL and lipo next Tuesday. But you know what,... after having my final consult with my ps yesterday and seeing exactly what he's taking off. it's well worth every penny.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Most Active